icon

2008 civic sunroof power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pilot288 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am putting an alarm (alpine 8081) with proximity sensors in my 2008 civic sedan with sunroof.  I have already wired up the 4 windows, so when the proximity sensor is tripped, (outer zone) the windows roll up.  I have a timed relay, and want to power up the sunroof circuit (diode isolated) so I can i can open and close my sunroof.  The reason I don't just turn on ignition, is I don't want to have to isolate the ignition sense on the alarm, turn on my stereo, and I have a feeling the radio would stay on until a door is opened if I do it this way.  I could get it to work with lots of little circuits, but I think the best way to do it, is fire 12 volts right at the ignition wire on the sunroof motor, and isolate the rest of the ignition circuits using a diode.  I really don't want to pull down the headliner to test for the wire, so.....does anybody know the wire colour, and location I could get this??  I am assuming it would be in one of the pillars between the doors, but again, I don't want to tear it all apart, if someone has a quick answer for me..  Ps there is no ignition power at the switch, only triggers, so I am positive it is at the sunroof motor.
xxxooo
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Don't know if Honda still use this method but in the 90s there were two relays, open and close. These were ignition sensed. The trick was to find the ignition going wire, I think it was green yellow and make it permanent to the closeing relay, then you could ground 1 of the leads from the switch and the roof would close from tilt or slide. I think there was a safety trap on the slide side, if so an aux output and 2 x 528ts would do the trick.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic