type r box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bradinar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I want to help a friend of mine build an enclosure for a single alpine type R 12".  I would like to build a slot ported box for the sub.  I've built a couple of sealed boxes but this is my first ported one.  It will be going in the trunk of a 98 malibu.  We have about 34" of width between the fender wells and about 18" of height.  I'd like to keep it from coming out past the back deck so we have about 20" for depth.  I would like some recommendations on dimensions for the box if anyone has experience with type R's.  I want it to be as "tight" as possible even if it means sacrificing some output.  Also what side should the port be on?  If someone could draw a simple diagram that would be very helpful.  The sub will be pushed by an Alpine MRD M600 rated for 600X1 rms at 2ohms if it matters.  Thank you for any help.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
I would go with 2.2 cu ft net tuned to 33Hz.
Use this to model it up if you want.
Sketchup Guide
Custom Enclosure Design

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic