icon

car audio in a home stereo application

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
inflames989 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i actually just did this the other day...except what i used was an unused computer power supply i had laying around. Using a computer power supply can save you a lot of money, and the setup is EXTREMELY simple. All you have to do is pick any one of the cables leading out from the main PSU and cut off the molex connector. Then, wire the +12v(yellow) to the + on the amp. Then connect all of the black wires of the cable you chose to the ground connection of the amplifier. Next run a wire from the +12v on the amplifier to the rem wire connection on the amplifier (so it will turn on when the power supply is turned on). Lastly, on the main cable running from the power supply (the one with the 20 or 24 pin molex connector at the end), connect the green wire from that connector, to any of the black wires in that connector (you don't even have to cut off the molex connector at the end, just stick a wire in the respective holes). That connection will ensure everything turns on when the power supply is plugged in.
To wire your deck to the power supply as well, connect the +12v (probably yellow)wire from the deck to any yellow wire from the power supply. Then connect the black ground wire from the deck to the black wire in the same set of wires as the yellow you just used for the +12v connection. Finally, connect the turn on wire from the deck (mine was red) to the same yellow wire that you connected the +12v deck wire too so that the deck will turn on once the power supply is plugged in.
After that, youre all done and can wire the rest of the setup as you normally would.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic