icon

2 audio batteries

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meaton315 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
i have 2 1400 kinetic batteries. I was planning on hooking one of them with my stock battery. Should i replace the stock battery with a audio battery and have both of them hooked up?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: NEVER mix battery types. Ever.
If you feel you need two batteries, they must both be the same type, capacity and age.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
seismicburban 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
The guys at kinetik said they wouldnt reccomend their batteries under the hood so how do you put extra bats in back without using different brands?
AVIC F90BT
4 15L7s
4 ZX 1000.1s
BIG 3
295 AMP ALT
2/0
2 KINETIK HC 2000
STILL GETTING VOLT DROPS
wth???????
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  

Copied and pasted from the Kinetik website:

Installation Location

Kinetik Power Cells can be mounted anywhere in a vehicle since they are sealed, non-hazardous and do not leak. We recommend installing the Power Cell close to where it is needed for best performance. When you install amplifiers or other electrical equipment in the rear of a vehicle you should try to provide power as close as possible to the load for maximum current and voltage. The best case scenario is to have the Kinetik model numbers match the demand near the load. If you add 1200 watts in the rear of a car then try to add 1200 in the rear if possible.

Mixing Different Battery Technologies

Kinetik Power Cells are compatible with most standard 12 volt charging systems and battery technologies. We do however advise using Kinetik Power Cells exclusively throughout the vehicle for maximum voltage, performance and longevity of aftermarket electronics as well as the Power cells. This will minimize self discharging of the power storage devices in the vehicle while not in use also. Kinetik Power Cells have a very low self discharge rate much lower than that of a standard ‘wet cell’ car battery. When different types of power storage devices (batteries or Power Cells) are used in parallel in an electrical system, current will have a tendency to flow between storage devices unnecessarily resulting in heat build up and loss of power where it is needed most. When Kinetik Power Cells are used throughout the install, current will flow directly from the Power Cells to the load in a balanced manner minimizing ‘fighting’ between unlike storage devices.

You really need to call these places during business hours.  They do have knowledgeable people answering the phone during business hours.  After closing, the janitor may be answering the phone. 

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic