icon

seeking professional advise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Like many of you, I am a professional and I value other professional opinions. With that said, I am in the market for a new head unit for my 2007 Hyundai Accent. The current equipment in the vehicle I've installed is:
Rockford P400-4
Rockford 200-2
Rockford P2D212
My Pioneer DEH-P7800MP died the other day and looking to replace it. It has been a while since I have had to purchase a new one. This is why I seek you all. Looking for 3 hi-volt pre-outs and ipod capability. I am all ears! I am not a fan of anything Pioneer has put out in the last couple years, and that is all I have put in my vehicles since about 1999-2000. I have no problem trying something new. Thanks for the input !
Big Al
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Double-DIN? Single-DIN? Price range?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
No Kenwood stuff. I'm of a similar opinion, I love Pioneer equipment, at least the old equipment. I've got a 7800mp in my truck right now and I love it. I had a Kenwood 638U in the truck prior to the Pioneer, and while the iPod interface was simple enough to use and the display was nice, it didn't offer the control that I wanted for my system. Higher end Alpine equipment is always a good reliable choice, but that's about all I got.......just stay away from Kenwood
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Like I said, bare minimum ipod and hi volt pre-outs. I am open to anything. And to 'lil evo', I agree, no Kenwood! Never been a fan. I am staying away from Sony, Kenwood, JVC, Dual, you get where I am going. Quality stuff here! Thanks...
Big Al
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  

The part to repair your 7800 is available for 25 dollars plus shipping.   Interested?

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

The part to repair your 7800 is available for 25 dollars plus shipping.   Interested?

That depends! This is what happened. I plugged the main harness back into the deck and it snapped, and I smelled a light burning sensation (not good). It powers on and everything works, except now I have horrible radiated noise even with the key in the acc position. I have had the same setup for 8 months with no problem. I found someone to look at it, so I have to wait and see what they say. I have never been one to repair stuff on my own! What do you think?
Big Al
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

You said your radio DIED the other day.  The part I was referring to is the ribbon cable that connects the face to the motherboard of the radio.  When this ribbon cable goes out, the radio quits working.  That is what I cansider a dead radio.  Your radio has but a flesh wound.  The problem you have is easy to repair.   Even cheaper than the 25 dollar part.  http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
I like the Clarion VX 409
You should use a line driver with it tho
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

You said your radio DIED the other day.  The part I was referring to is the ribbon cable that connects the face to the motherboard of the radio.  When this ribbon cable goes out, the radio quits working.  That is what I cansider a dead radio.  Your radio has but a flesh wound.  The problem you have is easy to repair.   Even cheaper than the 25 dollar part.  http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html

Sorry, that was my bad. I posted the topic at midnight and wasn't paying attention to the wording. I appreciate the tip. If for some reason the shop can't repair it, I will try the method you posted. Thanks again.
Big Al

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic