icon

finding door trigger wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rgcme33 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
2002 Mercury mountaineer (same as explorer)  I cant find the door trigger wire. All literature says its a BLACK/ lt blue wire in the driversa kick panel. Well, ive removed the panel, and I cant find the wire. If anyone cound give more specific details of where in the kick panel this wire is located, I would really appreciate it. Directly behind the kick panel there are two heavy guage BLACK/ lt blue wires that are grounded to the frame at that spot., Also, nearby, there are two BLACK/ lt blue wires in a bundle in the wire channel, and neither of those seem to be what I need either. Please help.If you can email a diagram that would be great. Rgcme33@yahoo.com     thanks in advance for your help.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
just pick up the positive side of any underdash light right at the bulb or go to the domelight on the roof. the wire will be right there in the A-pillar.
rgcme33 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
No under dash lights, and many wires in A pillar. Thanks, but not exactly what I was looking for.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

rgcme33 wrote:
many wires in A pillar..

use a DMM and test for the correct one!.....geeze its not that hard, and certainly not rocket science.

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
if you remove the running board panel you''ll find it there also thats where i get it from
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
There should be only 2 or 3 wires at the domelight.  If you can remove it and see which wire is the one you are looking for.  It should be the same color there as it is in the A pillar.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
rgcme33 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

calijtee1 wrote:
if you remove the running board panel you''ll find it there also thats where i get it from

Thanks, could you be more specific. I removed the running board panel and found the wire channel beneath it. In the bundle of wires in the channel I found two identical BLACK/ lt blue wires. I checked them both for change in voltage or continuity when I open and closed doors. No change in either. Is that the right wire, and are there two of them? If not, How can i determine which of the two identical wires it is?

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
On some of the mountaineers and explorers around that time, the black / blue could not be found in the drivers kick or door sill. Follow the door sill back to the b pillar cover along side the drivers seat. You'll see a piece of plastic covering the channel just at the very edge of the b pillar cover. Pop the cover, and you will notice how the harness t's by the seat. The BLACK/ blue can be caught here.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
theres a BLACK/ blue wire under the drivers side sill plate it works with the dome light   do you have the dome light turned off ??     put your black DMM lead on ground and red on the suspect wire you should get 12 volts with the dome light on and close to 0 with it off
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
rgcme33 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

I found the wire, and its not BLACK/ lt blue as specified all over the net. Its yellow/black. And its not 12v when door open, its only 1.2-1.4v when door open. Tested on all doors, same voltage when open.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic