Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nestlee00 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone,

Speakers i want to connect to a amp

2 10" EV DL10X (8ohms) , 2 Beyma 6MI90 loudspeakers(8ohms), and 4" Dome bullet tweeter that are 4ohms impedance

Well Im going to start to say is that im very confused in what amp to get. People tell me to go with a 4 channel, some tell me to go with a 2 channel. I think i have to go with a 4 channel im going to be runing 6 speakers.If i run them into a 2 channel my ohms are going to drop. So I dont know if anyone can lead me to the right way I want a amp thats going to push my system at its full capacity. Im willing to pay about 300 for an amp im not sure if thats decent enough. well thats about it hope you guys can help me thank you.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have some sort of crossover network to install on the Mids and Tweeters?   If not, you will really need a 6 channel amplifier that is capable of running the middle 2 channels in a bandpass configuration.  Without separate controllable channels for the tweeters, with the unlike impedances of the Mids and Tweeters, you are probably going to have trouble getting the levels set up to your liking.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
Do you have some sort of crossover network to install on the Mids and Tweeters?   If not, you will really need a 6 channel amplifier that is capable of running the middle 2 channels in a bandpass configuration.  Without separate controllable channels for the tweeters, with the unlike impedances of the Mids and Tweeters, you are probably going to have trouble getting the levels set up to your liking.

Right now I have a Clarion Eq 7 Band that I was useing before with my other amp. But I was having problems with the amp cause im guessing the amp I had needed more power then what my car could have gave out, so it would clip my sound. I had the Big 3 upgrade(0gauge) a optima yellow top batt when the car was running my sound will Clip(voice will cut out and come back on) at high volumes hitting the turn signals put down a window etc... when the car was off runing on the battery i had no problems whats so ever maybe somone can help me with that problem cause now i have a amp sitting here catching dust. the amp is a SoundStream Trx 4.880 a/b amp

i am an idiot 
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

With the motor running and someone re v v ing the motor slightly, check the voltage on the remote wire of the amp.  Let me know what you find out.

Do you have a Pioneer radio?  

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

With the motor running and someone re v v ing the motor slightly, check the voltage on the remote wire of the amp.  Let me know what you find out.

Do you have a Pioneer radio?  

Alright i will connect it back and check. but just to inform you I have the same remote going to my Amp for my subs and while my voice clips my subs are still pounding. I took it to a audio place they told me all my connections are good my alt read 14.9  and while the system is on about 14.2. They told me its my amp I went returned it, to find out my amp is in 100% good condition. but I will check the volts on the remote wire tomorrow and i'll check. thank you

nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

and sorry but yes i have a pioneer radio.  

pioneer premier deh-p500ub

i am an idiot 
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

When the amp was installed, did it have tons of engine noise?

nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

When the amp was installed, did it have tons of engine noise?

No it didnt, but then me i was disconnecting my Ev cause i was going to buy another pair so as i went to disconnect the power of the other EV i forgot my car was on and the radio was as well on mute and i hit the Ev, so then after that it started whining so i did that putting the wire around the RCA and grounding it and it stopped the whining.  but this didnt happen with the amp i have now that happend with another amp i had before.

nestlee00 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
I have a question what if i put more amprage on my  alt you think that will help my problem even though my alt reads 14.0 ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic