icon

07 caddy escalsade security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b17si 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

itried to install a viper 350 1way into this vehicle and arent having much luck with it. the guy wants everything hidden so his (soon to be ex) wife cant tell there is one installed. i tried talking the guy into just a starter kill but if he wants to spend the $ then hey. now im wishing i never touched it. i only had a short amount of time since he had to keep it all secret but noticed a few things on the vehicle that threw me for a loop.

as for the starter kill i hooked up a relay for it and used the yllw/blk wire from the top plug on the ECU (ecu located behind driver headlight). all other wires that tested as a starter wire would still allow truck to start even if it were cut.

as far as door locks i tried to 5 wire the purple and tan but i get nothing. i hear the relays clicking but no response from door locks.

and the led doesnt even blink. he wants it to be left unplugged but when it is plugged up i cant get anything from it. should i have just used the module for the vehicle or is there a way to integrate without it?

Adrenaline Motorsports of Naples
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

READ........ I don't think you are following the correct wireing info? I could be wrong.

To do keyless on this rig WITHOUT a module of any kind is more than a headache....

b17si 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

i did read it. thats the prob. i see that some people have down to get a module and some people are 5 wiring. i figured im good with a relay so why waste the $. now i see that i will have to spend the cash for the module which im not to excited about. so i take it no one has successfully done door locks without it?

one other thing... the vehical has factory disarm wire in the door but there is no fac disarm output on the viper itself. any suggestions?

b17si 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

its aslow day and i am finding alot of info on this thing since i have nothing but time. i wanna share what i found incase it helps any1 else in the future. for those of us who dont have access to directech tip 1607 this is it. (this works for 07 yukon/tahoe/escalade/ lucerne & suburban (wire colors may vary) front doors use a type C system and rear uses pos trigger to lock and ground to unlock.

You must do this in both front doors in order to allow them to work. the wires are in the door  tan and purple in dr door and tan and gry/blk in passenger door. im going to explain it as best i can so i hope this helps

cut you tan wire and connect your DDM side to the anode side of a diode and that goes to 86 on you relay. Connect your positive lock/unlock output from your alrm and diode isolate it as well (you should have 2 diodes on 86) .Connect the acuator side to 30. give 87 12v fused. 85 and 87a go to ground .       now cut your purple wire and do the same. now go to the passenger door and do it to the tan and gry/blk like we instructed earlier

incase you wanna do the rear locks now... find and tap (dont cut these) the white wire (unlock) at the BCM and the lt blue wire (lock((should be pin 7 and 9) connect one to 30 on a relay and the other to 30 on a second relay. tap your lock/unlock outputs to86 of the proper relay. the unlock relay should getground at 85 and 87 while the lock relay gets grounded on 85 only. 87 will get 12v on the lock relay. nothing on 87a

xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
when i 1st did an 07, it was a pain, but another tip would be doing the starterkill by making the acessory true ignition to keep the start disable in the vehicle.If not you can also disable it  at the ECM
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
if you had the module you would have been done with that truck in about an hour. all you would have needed is power, ignition, ground and the purple at the OBD plug. your lock wires and doorpin go straight to the module. its possibly the easiest alarm i have ever done.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
if you had the module you would have been done with that truck in about an hour. all you would have needed is power, ignition, ground and the purple at the OBD plug. your lock wires and doorpin go straight to the module. its possibly the easiest alarm i have ever done.

Thank You......

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

If memory serves me right those vehicles WILL start even though the starter wire is cut.  As long as the ECU sees the accessory drop and ignition hold, the vehicle will start, regardless if the starter wire is cut or not. 

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic