icon

2002 grand am autopage issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newguy93 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I would like to thank you for a wonderfull site! I used it many times durring my alarm/Remote start install!

The vehicle is a 2002 Grand AM Sedan/V6 The alarm is a Autopage C3-RS727A

I installed the system myself over a few days; It works great minus a few isses.

The 2 Stage unlock feture will not work, The pink wire will not give 12V to unlock the rest of the doors, but the alarm will still unlock the drivers door and lock all doors, the locks work great when operated inside the vehicle, just the pink wire will not send 12V. I have reprogrammed my transmitters and re-programmmed the feture but it will still not work.

The doors will not go fully grounded when closed. They will read 12V when open and .80V when closed. Beacuse of this the alarm thinks that they are always open, and i also diode isolated the doors. I have thought about using a relay, but wanted some profesinol advice first!

This is the simpliest issue, I have no idea how to stop the alarm when it goes off...2002 grand am autopage issues - Last Post -- posted image.

One more thing is that minus these two small issues, everything works great. the remote start, trunk pop, dome light.....

Thanks to anyone that can help!

hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
what are you using for door triggers? it should be a lt GREEN/ black in the drivers kick and a light blue in a harness running from under the drivers sill to under the drivers seat. they are a ground trigger. they should show ground when the door is open. im pretty sure you got the wrong door trigger wires. as far as disarming it. after the alarm goes off it takes about 10 seconds for it to communicate between the car and remote during that time if you hit disarm the remote will just beep at you. so you have to wait a few seconds before trying to disarm. with the pink wire that you are using for 2step unlock. did you program it for that feature? cause if i remember right they come programmed for factory alarm disarm. and are you using a relay? cause it will put out a negative trigger at 500ma. so if your looking to get a positive output you will have to use a relay. but im not really sure what your trying to do with that because if i recall the locks on that vehicle are a one wire system that works through ground? hope this helps
newguy93 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Ok,

I re-re-re read the diagram and pink wire, it is a ground wire, so I need a relay; one problem solved!

Now, about the door triggers, i am tapping them at the BCM, Lt-Green black C1 B7 and Lt blue C2 B10. SO... Becuase the doors get 12V when opened, i need to use the posotive trigger?

Thanks!

hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
the door triggers on the grand am arent positive. they are negative. if you tag the drivers in the drivers kick and the light blue going under the drivers side and then diode isolate and hook up to the green on the alarm you will be fine. make sure to test them first. ive never heard of a grand am having positive triggers. its a rare thing for a gm product period to have a positive door trigger. as far as the 2 stage door locks explain exactly how your trying to hook it up. because your going to need more than one relay to accomplish it on this car.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic