icon

deciding on 13tw5 or 2 ed 110v.2 10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frozenfoodman 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking at adding sub(s) to my 09 GMC Sierra Crew Cab and need a little input on some speaker choices. One one hand, I can utilize all the space under the rear seat and put in two Elemental Designs 110v.2 10"s, which BTW I have listened to and really enjoyed. Or I can save a little room and put in one JL 13TW5, which I have yet to audition. Either configuration will be powered by a Elemental Designs Nine.1 amp. My days of being a "bass head" are over but I do enjoy the occasional "boom". I mainly listen to rock, blues. I'm afraid of the JL because no one around me sells them so I can't hear them and my prior experience of shallow subs is not a good one.
Any suggestions?
remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

i would recommend to you the JL Audio Stealth Box (SB-GMSLVCC/10W3v3) this enclosure would only take up 1 side under the seat and with 2 10W3s in this enclosure, made by JL is an excellent choice.  Granted, the 13TW5 is an excellent speaker but it's output is somewhere between a W3 and a W6 NOT a W6 and W7.  I suppose because of the price and most fail to recognize your paying a premium for the utility and application (thinness).  You say your done being a Basshead but somehow i detect a lingering streak for cranking it up and letting it fly which the Stealth Box along with your Elemental Design Nine .1 Amp could certainly provide.

remarkable53

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic