icon

shop rates and other charges

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
  I was wondering what other shops are charging for services and installs because i want to give my installers a raise but don't want to price our services out of the market?  We charge $50.00 @ hour to troubleshoot and have a $30.00 minimum.  If product is purchased at the store we back out $25.00 for a head unit, $25.00 for pair of speakers, $50.00 for an amp, and $50.00 for componets.  A tenured installer will earn 50% - 65% of billed labor.  Extra work of course is custom labor which is always a 50/50 split.  Now days though we are doing more outside labor with stuff brought to us by the customer who got it from the internet or Craigslist and for that we chagre a bit more.  Are these prices high, low or about average?  Any input would be nice.
remarkable53
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
$80/ hr for custom work/troubleshooting $40 minimum.
We charge $20 extra for stuff that does not come from within store to install.
Pay depends on experience/certification. around $15/hr.
I would say you are about average for pricing. Possibly a tiny bit low?
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
I agree...you're a tad bit low, but prices do differ upon location.  $65 and hour to troubleshoot here and $55 for deck install plus parts, $40 a pair of speakers and $75 for components.  Quality of work will also merit a higher cost, especially if words out that your shop does great work.    
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2009 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
jeez we just started doing car audio this summer, and we are getting 40% of what the shop charges no matter what. At first it started as flat rate $50 for a radio/$20 labor etc but its been reduced to whatever we are able to charge the custy, which in most cases is significantly less. I am one of the only techs in the company that does electronics and doesnt have an hourly guarentee. Been here for 3 years, but keep getting the run around. Anyone hiring in the dayton area? shop rates and other charges -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic