icon

06 explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
i have an 06 explorer and a autopage rs603 installed. i want it to turn on the mirror lights when unlocking. the autopage does not have a domelight output. i read that there is a purple positive trigger wire for the mirror lights. Can this be tied into the system somehow?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Add a 508d to the unlock wire link it to the purple.  Then add a relay with a coil feed from the ignition, make the 508d power supply across 87a and 30, ign to 86 and 85 to ground. This will turn off the dome light when you mirror lights when you switch off the ignition.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
isnt that a motion sensor for an alarm?
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Add a 508d to the unlock wire link it to the purple.
Wont that just pulse the lite?
Use the domelight wire to keep it on.
You must use a relay to change it from + to -
The relay will also isolate for you
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
the problem is i dont have a domelight wire on that rs module. i have to do it with the unlock wire somehow. maybe with a timed relay for 30 sec somehow. i need to trip the unlock with a neg pulse and the pos lite wire with a timed relay at the same time.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
I'm almost positive you don't need a relay, and don't need to find a positive wire.
Close all the car's doors, let the interior domelight time out. Turn on the domelight using the dimmer wheel next to the headlight switch.......do the mirror lights come on as well? I'm pretty sure they do.
If the answer to the last question is yes, then there's a low-current negative wire at the back of the headlight switch, that'll test as ground when turning on the domelight.
And the second part about your Autopage not having a domelight output.
I've never used one, but the PAC TR-7 is a timer module with all kinds of inputs and outputs.
Connect either your Autopage's "unlock" or you could even use its "factory disarm" output to activate the TR-7.
Connect the TR-7's output to the domelight wire at the back of the switch, and adjust the TR-7 for the desired amount of time.
Also, in the event that you quickly unlock the car, get in, and try to drive away in leas than the allotted time.........you surely wouldn't want your domelight staying on, impairing your vision.
Most aftermarket systems kill the domelight supervision as soon as they see the ignition come on. But of course, during remote start, your ignition is already on.
If the TR-7 has some kind of positive input that will shut off the domelight immediately (ignoring the timed delay you selected), I would connect that to the car's brake wire. As soon as you step on the brake to shift out of Park, the domelight goes out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic