icon

ported box with chambers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spike131113 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
Im building a ported box, with the port tuned to 40hz. Now if i add several chambers inside of the box, do the chambers have to be equal to the port, as in the gap in the chambers equal to the port size and length? Or can they be more squeezed together building pressure, than as it hits the port, still be released as 40hz?
Brandon Pieniozek
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you are asking.
Are these chamber for additional subs or what are they for?
spike131113 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
http://carjamz.com/zen/images/HB2x12SPL2.jpg     
Like the additional slots, or "chambers"... to produce louder sound, you can add several chambers, but does the slots have to be equal to the size of the port?
Brandon Pieniozek
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
The image you posted is simply an enclosure with a very long slot port.  There is no such thing as "chambers" to make the system louder...
Support the12volt.com
spike131113 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Whats the purpose of the "very long" slot port?
Brandon Pieniozek
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

spike131113 wrote:
Whats the purpose of the "very long" slot port?

To achieve a particular system tuning frequency.

Support the12volt.com
spike131113 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.bottledrage.com/photo_album1.0.html
I want something similar to this, my dimensions are 3'x2'x1' for two 10" subs, port size 3"x10" and for it to be tuned to 40hz.....
Brandon Pieniozek
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
spike131113 wrote:
I want something similar to this, my dimensions are 3'x2'x1' for two 10" subs, port size 3"x10" and for it to be tuned to 40hz.....
What subs are you using? Also, what type of sound are you looking for from your subs? Are you looking for loudness, sound quality, deep bass, a mix of these? With this info we should be able to help you with a design.
40Hz is typically a little high unless you are looking only for loudness without much regard for sound quality. If that is not what you are looking for then we may be able to help you with finding a better design.
DYohn 
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

spike131113 wrote:

Again, that's just a typical slot-port design with the port bent around the inside of the enclosure.  With your dimensions and desired tuning you'll need a slot port approximately 29" long (assuming subtracting interior volume for the port and that you use 3/4" MDF.)  You'll end up with a net volume for each woofer around 1.5 cuft.

Support the12volt.com
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
spike131113 wrote:
if you want a long port than up the port area
Custom Enclosure Design

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic