ford mustang 2003 key immobilizer problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sweetcoupe 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Im having issues with my PKFM immobilizer. Its definately that because when i remote start with the key in the of position it will just crank. When I try to program the unit heres what happens. First, the unit right off the bat is blinking a steady slow blink. When I insert the key and turn the ignition on it either goes out totally or just blinks. Now this is because ive tried many different wiring setups to get it to work. Ive read that the orange wire needs to be wired to ignition and the brown wire to ground when programming and i did that to no eval... Now I dont think that my keys are the original keys that came with my car although they do start the car on there own. Maybe thats an issue?
Either way if the key thing is a problem whats the best universal kit i can buy? Id like to stay away from the antenna loop thing if possible.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
What unit are you using for the remote start?
As long as both keys start the car they are fine.
Make sure the unit is flashed to PKFORD v3.00 software.
http://www.xpressdownload.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=1057
There is your instruction manual, for your TX and RX wires.
Your brown wire should go to your GROUND WHEN RUNNING wire on your remote start.
Bypass programming is the easiest it can be. Key on till LED and security light goes out. Done. Then remote start.
Does your remote start with the key in the on position? Yes? Then it is a bypass issue. If not then your starter wire is not outputting. Does it remote start in the accessory position? If not check your ignition wires. If it does check your accessory wires.
This is a VERY simple car to do. If you need step by step instructions after what I have just given you, you should probably consider professional installation for the safety and long life of your car. But we are willing to help you as much as we can.
sweetcoupe 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm/rs is the viper 5901
I personally flashed the unit to the 3.00 firmware already and it made no change
I double and triple checked that the tx/rx wires are going to the right wires.
I am using the D2D cable which according to the instructions the GWR wire is going through that.. Now Since my car is a manual transmission, it states that for initial programing you should ground the GWR wire. Ive done both ways, niether had any effect.
The remote start works in all 3 positions, (on, off, acc) as long as the key is there, once its not, doesnt work.
I know it seems easy, just dont know why its not working. Wondering if anyone saw the same light status i did or not.
sweetcoupe 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
ttt
powervoltz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
try switching around the tx/rx wires . ran into this many times and that was the solution i found . mis wrote on the bypass's
" I see wire diagrahms "18 yrs+ of installing - not good on the brains LOL
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

Insert the FIRST vehicle key into the ignition and turn the ignition to the “ON” position.

Wait for the dash security light to go off and immediately remove the first key.

Insert the SECOND key and turn the ignition to the “ON” position.

Wait for the dash security light to go off and immediately remove the second key.

Immediately remote start the vehicle making sure both keys are well away from the ignition cylinder (or if your remote start has a delay after seeing ignition as some audiovox units have) you can use a jumper wire to power up the ignition wire in place of remote starting the vehicle.

The vehicle should start and run. Press the brake to stop the remote start after you verify it is running.

Wait 2 minutes and start the vehicle with one of the keys and shut it back off. Then wait 15 seconds and remote start the vehicle. It should now operate perfectly. If you do not clear the computer from being in program mode by starting with a valid key afterwords it may not accept the new bypass code. Have had this happen numerous times ford mustang 2003 key immobilizer problem - Last Post -- posted image.

sweetcoupe 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
ill try both of your suggestions. however my mustang is a 03 and according to the instructions i dont need 2 keys just one... although i do have 2 keys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic