icon

roof mount lcd in a 2000 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t3rry1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
So i decided i wanted to put a roof mount in this truck, i just had a few questions before i attempt it (i have put roof mounts in a couple of cars before)
First thing, how do you overcome moulded roof liners? i wasn't really thinking when i ordered my LCD< i went a little overboard and got a 17" 16:9 lcd... (i do ahve 3rd row seats, so i wanted to ensure the rear seat people could easily see the screen) so it's a litte big for the spot, and i will likely have problems with the roof moulding of the liner... any wayto do it and avoild big gaps and stuff?
secondly is, i have rear climate controls, and this will go ont he roof where that console is right now, i dont mind taking down that console and not having the controls for the rear people, however i am afraid that once i rip that apart and get to looking at it, that the air ducting may be in the way... i really dont know what to expect and am hoping someone could tell me what to expect before i dive in to it.
laynlower 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
If you hide the rear controls (take them out of the consol) you can control the rear from the front. do you have a sun roof? need a little more info on the truck. But anything can be done with a little work
live to scrape
scrape to live
LOWLIFE CUSTOMS
t3rry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
No sun roof, I ended up just going at it last night and got it mounted up. The only negative was that when I removed the hvac controlls, when I unpluged the rears, the front controlls stopped working, so I had to take apart the controls and tape up just the circuit board , wrap it up with electrical tape and stuff it in to the liner... Also with the contours of the roof liner there Are huge gaps above the front corners of the screen.. But I figure I can just get some rubber and cut it to the roof contours and glue it to the insde of the screen console. Also I had to mount it back farther than I wants due to the home in the li er from the hvac controls.
Overall it went well, I am pleased with the results, now I just have to get my DVD plyer wired up.
t3rry1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Excuse the typos and stuff, I am posting from my phone and it has bad autocorrect.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic