icon

rf amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gauge010 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys. Ive been lurking at this site and other sites for a few years now so I've decided to stick with this one. You are all very helpful which is really cool.
Anyway, I noticed in previous posts by respected people like DYohn and haemphyst that RF really isnt in their list of faves. Where I'm from, people swear by them. BTW, I've been using Audison since the 90's (VR 404xr) and now have an LRx 6.9. Great amp powering Dyns in the front and a pioneer 10inch shallow mount in the back of my truck.
Im setting up an SUV for SPL/SQL (pardon me if my jargon dont make sense...new at this) and the guys here always insist on going for RF be it Power, Punch, or even the new Prime! It doesnt matter as long as I use RF. I'm confused now. Can anybody weigh in on this?
Thanks!
p.s. Wanted to reply to this thread but its been closed.
gauge010 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, my current Audison setup is on my 2008 Nissan Frontier. My next setup (SPL/SQL) will be on a 1992 Nissan Patrol Safari(not available in the US) so here's a link to what it looks like.
Thanks!
fish chris 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Gauge, I LOVE My RF Power 1000 25 to Life amp :) I hear some people say they are overpriced. Hmmmm. I got mine gray market, so I paid $500 for an amp with an MSRP of $1500. I sure don't feel like I overpaid.

Coming onto different car stereo forums, is a lot like walking into different car stereo stores. You will walk into one where the employees will tell you if its not Orion, forget it ! Then, the next one will tell you all the reasons why Orion sucks, and why they don't recommend anything but RF.

By the time you have walked in and out of the fourth or fifth store.... or visited the fourth of fifth forum, your head is likely to be spinning !

"IF" you can get a good deal on an RF amp.... or an Orion.... or an Audison.... or a JL (and of course their are several other well built amps out there) you won't likely have any problems.

BTW, if you have been happy with your Audison stuff, how about an Audison lrx 5.1k ? :) By all accounts, that's a really nice amp ! Expensive though.

Peace,

Fish

gauge010 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
fish chris wrote:

Hey Gauge, I LOVE My RF Power 1000 25 to Life amp :) I hear some people say they are overpriced. Hmmmm. I got mine gray market, so I paid $500 for an amp with an MSRP of $1500. I sure don't feel like I overpaid.

Coming onto different car stereo forums, is a lot like walking into different car stereo stores. You will walk into one where the employees will tell you if its not Orion, forget it ! Then, the next one will tell you all the reasons why Orion sucks, and why they don't recommend anything but RF.

By the time you have walked in and out of the fourth or fifth store.... or visited the fourth of fifth forum, your head is likely to be spinning !

"IF" you can get a good deal on an RF amp.... or an Orion.... or an Audison.... or a JL (and of course their are several other well built amps out there) you won't likely have any problems.

BTW, if you have been happy with your Audison stuff, how about an Audison lrx 5.1k ? :) By all accounts, that's a really nice amp ! Expensive though.

Peace,

Fish

Hey Fish,
Thanks for your reply. I actually have an Audison LRx 6.1 running Dyns and a 10 inch pioneer shallow mount at full active on my Nissan Frontier. Great amp BTW. I was never offered the 5.1 coz I really would have gotten it. I'm really happy with what i have though. :)
Peace,
Gauge
My simple setup on a 2008 Nissan Frontier:
Alpine IVA-W505
Alpine PXA-H100
Audison LRx 6.9
Dynaudio MD 100 (full active)
Dynaudio MW 162 (full active)
Pioneer TS-W258D4 10" shallow mount sub
gauge010 
Member spacespace