icon

crazy setup, python 991, 95 maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotimportnight9 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
if any one could help me do this set up for my car alarm, i have a python 991 security/remote starter and is going into a 95 maxima/show car.im not that great with relays maybe anyone good with relays could help me out i want to eliminate turning on the car with the key just use the key to unlock the steering colum and turn on acc.
i want to to flick a toggle switch to give +12v to a key pad where i enter my pin then i press the push button to start my car but also be able to remote start my car at the same time.
toggle switch has 3 leads
1-12v
2-controlling acc
3-ground
the key pad
12v
ground
ground
ignition
2 starter wires (one for key side and another for starter side)
the push button has two terminals for the starter wire when press it connects both terminal closing the loop to start the car.
ive seen this done and i was told to use two relays but not sure how to ive done basic relay work but nothing this carzy. so can any one help
Jinx
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
is the key pad also turning on the ignition and then allowing you to push start the car! i read it through a couple times but i'm still unsure what you're using to turn the ignition on!
hotimportnight9 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
ill turn the key all the way before cranking to turn on all lights and indicators if thats what u mean
Jinx
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
ok! well that's simple, the switch you have has to be capable of passing at least 40 amps through it, the starter wire won't have to be on either side of the terminals though, one side of the switch would go to twelve permanent and the other to the starter wire, you can also do this with a momentary switch and a relay, which i would reccomend over that switch you have. cheers.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
ok! i just re-read yor initial post! does your keypad provides any output that can activate a relay so that it would prevent the car from cranking unless you have entered your pin. or is the pushbutton encorporated with the keypad so that it can only supply voltage when the pin is enabled?
hotimportnight9 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
here are the diagram that the switch came with and the key pad, i want the key pad to be activated to so i could push start my car if the key pad is not activated then no u cant pust start the car
crazy setup, python 991, 95 maxima -- posted image.crazy setup, python 991, 95 maxima -- posted image.
Jinx
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

Just connect your keypad as the diagram states, and connect the output of the switch to the keyside of the cut starter wire,  connect the input of the switch to a good twelve volts source. this way once the pad is active the onboard relay would prevent the button from cranking the starter and when you de-activate it the circuit closes allowing you to push start the car. I'm assuming the switch illuminates as there is a ground input, just ground this pin and you should be set, be sure to verify that your switch is capable of handling the current the starter wire requires to crank the engine.

hotimportnight9 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
the switch on the left is the toggle switch not the push start, pretty much i want to turn my car on in three step flick the toggle for 12v to get to the key pad but not the push start button once i put in the code in the key pad 12v would go to the push button where i press the button n start my car but also have it where i could remote started it also. as for the key pad having an output im guessing the wire that go to the starter wire are output from the key pad
Jinx
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

i'm now understanding you! ok revised plan! connect your keypad as normal, except the constant 12volts wire this you connect to the output of your toggle switch, the input side of the switch to permanent twelve, now using the two wires that are suppose to connect to the starter wire, connect one side to a true ignition wire in the vehicle, then using a single pole double throw relay and your pushbutton, wire it like this,

pin 30- to a good twelve volt source (at least capable of supplying 40 amps)

pin 86- to the side of the unused starter wire from the keypad

pin 85- to the output of your push button, the other side of the button goes to ground.

pin 87- tap to starter wire in vehicle! and off you go!

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
of course this would only work once the keypad powers up in an active state, if it does not, we'll have to start again!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic