Kadetheus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
i have a mtx 302 that pushes
120 Watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load
212 Watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load
425 Watts bridged into a 4 Ohm load
to put it simple i have about 200 or so dollars that i'm willing to put into 1 or 2 subs. 10 or 12 inch. svc or dvc doesn't really matter. but playability in small enclosures would be nice. (the trunk of a contour) thanks for all given advice
kade
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Xtant Hex 10s or 12s...very nice sounding and they will also pound away quite respectably in a small enclosure...we put 2 10s in 1.5 cubes in the trunk of his gf's convertible mustang and it really is quite deceiving, especially when you consider they are each running in .75 cubes...available in a single 4 ohm configuration, which would work perfect for your amp...
and I think they are available for around 200 bux...
mb44197 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Try the infinity kappa subs.  i had 3 10's in a focus and it pounded pretty darn good.  REALLY sounded great.   They did pretty well in the small box i had them in too.  I think they can be had for around $150 or so.  (less on ebay)
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I had infinitys as well, but they dont come close to the Xtants for volume, and I would say the Xtants are equal if not better for SQ...not to mention I cooked a few of the Infinitys too...they dont seem to handle much power at all...
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
that power would be ok for a dual coil alpine type r sub/. wired in series
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
you talking about the kappa perfects or the kappas?  cuz there is a big difference between the two... I am a big fan of the kappa perfects and in my experience they can take a whole bunch of power an sound pretty darn good.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
i have 2 ma audio 12 dvc for $200. they hit hard
Big Dave
Qveon 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
well with your current amp, i would buy one infinity kappa perfect and bridge your amp into one channel on the sub. That way you can get great sound and you don't have to max your gains on your amp which causes clipping.
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
I had the Perfects...was running 1000W to each, but they kept blowing up...so I ran 500W to each, and they still kept blowing up...I couldnt feed them less power, so I had to sell them...they are rated at 350W - 1400 or something stupid like that...
they have very little output in comparison to the Xtants, and I honestly think the Xtants sound cleaner...and they for damn sure handle alot more power than the Perfects...
avoid the headaches, avoid the Perfects...buy one Xtant Hex 10 or 12, whatever you want...they sound good in a small box or a big box...for you, either woofer would be great...if you want to go smaller than a cube, the 10 would probably suit you more, if you can give up to 1.5 cu ft, the 12 sounds really nice there...
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Might want to look into Eclipse http://www.eclipse-web.com Their Aluminum subs have some excellent SQ and they pound http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/speaker/sw8100/sw8102_4.html you can get a SVC which is 4 ohm. Each sub is 500 watts RMS 1cu/ft enclosure. They are not cheap but well worth the money.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic