icon

choosing the correct system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
livinloud247 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, so I'm hoping to be getting into a new car (new to me) this week. It'll be a 1997 Eagle Talon ESI, just so you know exactly what the car is. I've been saving up for my system to finally be able to put in, because I've always had a single-cab truck, and therefore was limited to shallow mount woofers only. I have 3 set ups really that I'm interested in, but don't know which to choose and for certain reasons. I'm looking at the Kicker CVRs, 12's and 15's. Looking to get 2. Not sure which would be best? I listen to alot of rap. Then, I've also been offered 2 15" RF T1's. Now, I know the Fosgates are probably the highest quality of all of these, but I'm afraid either way I go, will the 15's be too much in the small car? Does anyone have any experience as to knowing if 15's in a vented box or sealed box will even fit in the car?
Any help and suggestions please?!
Thanks!!
livinloud247 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Any help?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Whether they are going to be "too much" is completely up to you. We cannot answer that question.
Most rap systems always sound like arse to me anyway, likely because of the EQ curve placed on the recording itself. Of those three, (and by "offered" do you mean free?) I would go with the RFs. Not that they are any better a woofer in regards to SQ, I do think they are a better built woofer.
You are right - vented will be larger than sealed, but as far as a rap-style, "output" enclosure, you'll be building small, and tuning high... That's all I have in that respect for you. I generally consider myself an SQ tuner...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
livinloud247 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Alright, well I was told that putting 15's in such a small car would build up alot of pressure on the inside.
And by offered, I mean that I'm getting a pretty good deal on the T1's.
And on the box, I've just always been told the vented is "louder". I'm still only a young teen, so obviously it's going to be one of those situations every now and then to see who's system is louder than the other's in town. :P
Another question I have, is on Kole Audio amplifiers. Are they any good? Do they put out what they say they put out? I was looking at the Kole Audio PH1-2000D, says it puts out 1200 RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm, which would be perfect for the T1's. But the amp seemed small, I'm not sure if that would cause over-heating or what?
I'm going today to listen to a friend's CVR's then later listen to the T1's to see which I like best.
Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic