icon

4 dvc 12s in bed with cut through

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryounger1234 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

01' tundra Access cab ( Extended cab with back doors that open suicide style)

Cut-through approx. 26W X 11H. I wanted to put 4 RF DVC 12s in a sealed enclosure(60w X 15h X 12d), then build onto the front of the enclosure a shell that will come through the cut-through and be sealed to the back wall of cab. I wanted to ask for any advice or problems I may run into with this plan.  Will be building box from 3/4" MDF, using accordian boot to seal bed and cab.  Not a lot of details given here but I think enough to get my idea across for any one with experience to let me know if I will run into any problems.  Thanks for any advice/help given.  I could only really find one topic on the forum that really gave me info about cut-through boxes and it didn't satisfy me enough to go cut open the back of my truck without first doing more research. 

Ryan Younger
ryounger1234 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Helpful crowd today I see4 dvc 12s in bed with cut through -- posted image.
Ryan Younger
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have done alot of trucks like this but with a bigger box, you have to brace the top of the sheet metal and the bottom so they don't flex make sure you have the seal between the box and the body of the truck and Rhino line the box for water proofing the box(mdf does not like water). Make the box first then cut the truck just in case the box is not done if you have to use the truck. Most seals are 3/4 to 1 inch thick because of the flex of the box and truck are different. All the boxes I have done is ported but I don't see any difference between the seal and port besides the porting (tuning). If you want help tuning it if you go with porting the box and a design let me know. Hope this helps.
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
I've only done one truck like that, the hole was only 12x12, and a plexi window was added in place on the cab side. Then a sealing boot to the bed. The bed was re-framed around the hole for support like vibe was saying. 2 12's subs bandpass, ported into the cab was deafening.   Dont forget a conduit for wire. We also made a airlock hatch on the box for access to replace the lights or to replace a sub if blown.
This is what I do for FUN!
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Keep in mind cutting the back out of the cab will reduce the value either resale or for parts. Keep the cut outs you might want to weld those back someday. Also remember the bed and the cab are designed to flex separately so adjust accordingly. Camper Boot seals are the easiest.
I did (12) 12" and was very happy with it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic