can 10’s be heard from a distance?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
vibrationcustum wrote:
I love it when people are standing there and trying to figure out where it is coming from and when they find out they are shocked on how hard it hits.
I make people mad all the time doing that with my van because my van is a daily driver and everywhere I go beating the block (blocks) down and I thank that people need to get over that I am loud and not call the police on me. crap happens.
Sorry system update got another ovn1-5500d on order be here friday. Hope my numbers go up. Running 11000watts in my van can't wait.
Im still waiting to see where this power acoustic setup is doing 164.9db with the meter out of the port. If so, I have said it before that would destroy the power class you would be in even if in a modified class in USACI.    Yes i am calling BS.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
Like I said before and I will state it one more time I know what I hit and you can state it is BS or whatever but I will see if i can put it on my myspace when I get it meter just to shut you up.
But really I don't care what you thank.
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
i just find it hard to believe that you would walk all over WORLD CHAMPIONS in both USACI and DB DRAG with those numbers.
Was the meter in the port for that test?    I mean seriously, if your gonna have a sig syaing you can do a number and someone asks you to back it up why get all defensive.
I am more then happy to provide proof to back up my claims in my sig.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
vibrationcustum wrote:
I make people mad all the time doing that with my van because my van is a daily driver and everywhere I go beating the block (blocks) down and I thank that people need to get over that I am loud and not call the police on me. crap happens.
vibrationcustum wrote:
Like I said before and I will state it one more time I know what I hit and you can state it is BS or whatever but I will see if i can put it on my myspace when I get it meter just to shut you up.
But really I don't care what you thank.
It doesn't matter to me what you hit, but your attitude, general lack of respect and misuse of words is not impressive. can 10’s be heard from a distance? - Page 2 -- posted image.
~wirewise~
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
vibrationcustum wrote:
I love it when people are standing there and trying to figure out where it is coming from and when they find out they are shocked on how hard it hits.
And YOU are the very reason there are noise nuisance laws, and YOU are the very reason our craft and hobby is looked down upon in the way it is, and YOU are the very reason that respectful users of high-end audio systems in the automotive environment will continue to be viewed as obnoxious by outsiders.
Even *I* think that people like you are annoying, and I like to turn it up as much as the next guy.
Addtionally, I too am calling BS on your outlandish SPL claims. B... S... (...and I don't even follow the SPL scene...) Now, were you to return with PROOF and some sort of documentation, I will change *my* attitude, but until then... It's EASY to claim you can hit those numbers... "I can hit 207dB with one 10" woofer with 1000 watts in a "Phase Box"". See how easy that is? (Oh, and don't even get me started on the "Phase Box"...)
wirewise wrote:
It doesn't matter to me what you hit, but your attitude, general lack of respect and misuse of words is not impressive. can 10’s be heard from a distance? - Page 2 -- posted image.
~wirewise~
Thank you, wirewise...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
I understand about the lack of respect as sorry for that. But someone can't come in and jump all over you stuff when it has nothing to do with the post at all.
I want to know this answer to this question How can I give respect if no one gives me respect?
When I do get it metered I will post my domination for all to see and just for the all the people I will take it off just so people can try to say this in every post I put into.
O yeah by the way the sound law is just a way for people to complain about other people. You can get it for having a loud muffler or anything like that. The thing is the Harleys have loud radios and loud pipes but nothing happens to them with the sounds laws. It is funny that people state that the sound law was put into effect is because you can not hear a emergency truck/car but I pull over before any person that do not that a system. Where I live you have to pull over or you can send jail time. The sound laws was here way before I even thought about getting into car audio at least around me.
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

motorcycles are allowed to be loud for safety reasons. it helps them be noticed on the road full of people who are distracted with their loud sound systems, cell phones, etc. ill admit though they need to have a quiet mode for when you have to ride a bike through a neighborhood at night.

and noise odrinances keep the peace and possibly safe property because im sure some systems out there can rattle stuff off of peoples walls in their house. and if there were no sound laws people would just  bump anywhere and be obnotious all the time and there would be no grounds to legally shut them up.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic