icon

viper 5901 on 09 xterra problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pneffkell 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Had my 5901 "professionally installed" but I am still having problems with the remote start. Installer argued with me over connecting the factor alarm arm and disarm wires but I did that myself. When I remote start the car and take it over the factor alarm light on the dash stays lit and I get a remote start error on the keyfob. I know this is still an error even though the installer said not to worry about it. Any leads on what to look at next?
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know what kind of immoblizer bypass he use with the 5901 to bypass the chip in your key? 
pneffkell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
yep. Its an xpresskit DLPK but he only used a couple wires from the express kit. Like I know the doorlocks are hardwired not via the xpresskit.
pneffkell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
looking I remember now. He only connected Can High and Can Low
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
there are some wires on that bypass specifically to take care of the security light. the wire color and location will be on the manual for the bypass. once he hooks that up you wont have any more problems. but, dont get me wrong, its not like your installer messed anything up permanently. he just didn't know or didn't read the entire manual.
pneffkell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Well its me doing the updates. So let me talk this through. I think its telling me to add two wires to the BCM harness. Unlock in in 14 and lock in pin 15. I assume then that I attach that to the DLPK harness at light green for lock and blue for unlock. Will that then do the job?

Thanks

Patrick

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
You need to cut and isolate the security light as in the instruction manual. Pin 38 combined with yellow then orange to other LED side.
http://www.bypasskit.com/manuals/1373_DLPK_H00_S00_D01_S_ENFR.pdf
Unfortunately your shop will probably not do this now since you did the factory alarm/disarm. Rule 1 never touch a recently installed product. It voids warranty.
pneffkell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
I am ok with that. I personally wish I had done the entire thing myself. I am a little more anal than this guy was. Its a little sloppy. So if I understand right, I follow the wire from pin 38, connect orange on the led side and yellow to the BCM side. How would i find out the color to that position 39 wire?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
pneffkell wrote:
I am ok with that. I personally wish I had done the entire thing myself. I am a little more anal than this guy was. Its a little sloppy. So if I understand right, I follow the wire from pin 38, connect orange on the led side and yellow to the BCM side. How would i find out the color to that position 39 wire?
you just have to trust the guide that it is at pin 38. it's vehicle specific so i dont think you will have any problems. also the plug itself should have numbers on either side so you know which side to go off of.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic