icon

baffle mounts?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rxsilvia 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  
I'm doing a fiberglass project right now ( a enclosure for 2 12" woofers.)
however when i mount the baffles and then put the cloth over it seems to keep falling down...baffle mounts? - Last Post -- posted image.
Any one got any ideas as to an easier way to cover the project in material without the baffles falling? I'm using a material that is slight like Lycra but more polyester then Lycra. I've also read the main tutorial on this website on how to make enclosures and the author said to stretch it so i tried to stretch it over the enclosure as much as possible but the force of that is too much for the baffles to fight against...
Somebody help me please baffle mounts? - Last Post -- posted image.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  
If I am understanding the question here... Hot glue works great for fastening together supports and joints. Dries quick and holds strong.   I use 90% or more polyester, the rest usually spandex.   The baffle should be supported sufficiently, before cloth is stretched.    Also, I stretch the cloth almost to the point of tearing and staple everywhere I can.
This is what I do for FUN!
rxsilvia 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
ow ok. Well i used superglue but for some reason that just didn't hold. baffle mounts? - Last Post -- posted image.
its sucks i tried about 4 times but the weight of the cloth is much too strong for the baffles

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic