icon

97 neon 4door alarm lock/unlock wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rockyfarted 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ok here goes I have a code alarm pro 3000 that I removed from my 95 (2 door) neon and reinstalling it into my 97 (4 door). The problem I'm having with the wiring off the site is that when I wire to the 2 wires in the drivers side kick panel I only get the rear doors to open and close. The rest of the system is working fine alarm arms and disarms, the parking lights flash, the siren sounds, shock sensor works. Is there a difference if my car has factory keyless entry? Should I be getting the feed from the passenger kick panel instead?   Someone please help me here I ran out of time today so I'll continue on tomorrow.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you have a different locking control system on the 97 and you've reached the back door motor wires, look up vehicle wiring on this site.
rockyfarted 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I have looked up wiring on this site and it shows the same as I have wired up. But the site does not specify what type of vehicle it is for 2 door or 4 door and also does not have any notes if you have factory keyless entry. Also the wire colour in my kick panel are org/vlt and pnk/blk.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Where are you grabbing the wire from currently? Hopefully it should be in the driver kick from an 18 pin plug.
Your first color is right ORANGE / violet. But pink/black is off.
You should 5 wire this since it is a reversing polarity locking system. It should be ORANGE / purple for unlock and pink/purple for lock.
You probably just isolated your front trigger wire.
rockyfarted 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I figured it out and the wires were in the top of the dash main harness and were ORANGE / purple and pink/purple and are not in the kick panel as listed in this forum those are motor wires not switch side. Also the site needs to specify whether they are for a 2 door or 4 door neon and any other notes like if you have factory keyless entry. Also all the wires can be done from the ignition harness just unplug them all and from the top of the dash makes wiring it up extra easy. You can mount it behind the radio if you want with no problems. Thanks to all but it is all good now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic