icon

dei 528t wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bper 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

I've looked thru the posts here and also several instructions/diagrams and still can't get this 528t trigger wiring straight.  I'm confused about pulse and constant-on and (+) or (-) for the trigger wire.  Also whether the blue loop wire should be cut or not.  I have two 528t's that I'll be using. 

For the first 528t, I want to use my cars 12v+ acc to trigger the BLACK/ white wire on the 528t to close contacts 30/87 (yellow/brown wire) for a set duration of time using the onboard timer.  Is this even possible w/a constant 12v+ acc at the trigger?  Does it have to be pulsed?  Do I have to create a constant/momentary ckt.

For the second 528t, I want the trigger wire to sense no more 12v+ acc power (car shut off) and then close the 30/87 contacts for a set duration of time.

Each 528t will be powering two diff components.  I would like both 528t's 87 contact to provide 12v+ batt pwr to each component (contact 30 connected to 12v+ batt).

How do I go about doing these two things if it's even possible?  Thanks for any help.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=528t
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  

Lets try to "DECONFUSE" you, ah I feel good t&t should play this new let's invent a new word game.

Thin red and black, constantly wired to a pos (red) and neg or ground(black) source.

BLACK/ white is your trigger, also a neg UNLESS you cut the blue loop, then you can trigger it with a pos source.

Yellow is your 30 or common.

Orange is your 87a, conected to yellow when in quiescent state.

Brown is your 87, connected to yellow when activated.

The unit will only be activated for the length of time you set, even if the trigger wire (BLACK/ blue) is conected for a long length of time.

Yess you can run a pos OR neg source (supply) through the yellow, orange and brown.

I've used them as roof closers, headlight holds, even turning a washer feed on an old Honda into a wash/wipe, i.e. 1 sec neg pulse to 7 sec interrupted output, = 4 wipes.

bper 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:

BLACK/ white is your trigger, also a neg UNLESS you cut the blue loop, then you can trigger it with a pos source.

Thanks!  So sounds like a pos to the trigger can be used to turn on the relay for given amount of time as long as I cut the blue loop wire.  I read that the 528t can delay turn on, which is not what I want.  Just so I'm clear, cutting the wire won't create a delay in the 528t, correct?

So what is that BLACK/ white trigger wire connected to internally in the 528t?  And the blue loop wire?  Just curious how the ckt works (timer/trigger side).

How about when the car turns off?  If I connect my other 528t's trigger to 12v+ acc but don't cut the blue loop wire, will this trigger the 528t's relay once the car is off (12v+ acc stops) for the set duration?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Cutting the blue wire will not delay turn on. BLACK/ white is the coil trigger, blue goes through a transistor that flips polarity, cutting the blue takes oit the polarity flip transistor.

If you want this to work when ignition is off, just connect the red and the brown to a constant (fused) source.

bper 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:

Cutting the blue wire will not delay turn on. BLACK/ white is the coil trigger, blue goes through a transistor that flips polarity, cutting the blue takes oit the polarity flip transistor.

If you want this to work when ignition is off, just connect the red and the brown to a constant (fused) source.

Thanks again. If the trigger wire is connected to ground which would energize the coil trigger via the red (+) wire, does the trigger coil get de-energized when the onboard timer times out or when the trigger wire ground is removed? 

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
When the on-board timer cuts out, there is no current draw when it switches off,  please,  don't analyse it to death just install it/them!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic