icon

remote start problem v791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaos79 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
i have just installed my v791 alarm and remote start and i have a problem with the bypass that tells me to hook a wire to ign 3 which it dont show one on my remote start
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
There is a 4 pin harness that plugs into the HCRS relay pack. It has skinny blue, orange, pink and purple wires. Use the blue.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
There is a 4 pin harness that plugs into the HCRS relay pack. It has skinny blue, orange, pink and purple wires. Use the Pink to the 85 terminal to activate the relay to supply power to your 3rd ignition.
Fixed
remote start problem v791 -- posted image.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
yimke wrote:
JWorm wrote:
There is a 4 pin harness that plugs into the HCRS relay pack. It has skinny blue, orange, pink and purple wires. Use the Pink to the 85 terminal to activate the relay to supply power to your 3rd ignition.
Fixed
remote start problem v791 -- posted image.
Either pink or blue should work. He said he is using it for a bypass module, those usually get hooked to the status output. But then again, he didn't tell us what car, or what bypass module.
kaos79 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot for the help
kaos79 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
i am using just a universal bypass for this van its from driected, and iam trying to put it on a 01 olds Silhouette mini van, i looked and didnt have that 4 pin harness,never needed for the older cars the remote starter was on.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
You can also get the blue wire just by tapping into the harness that connects between the main brain and the XCRS relay pack.
You could also use the blue/white 2nd status output as well.
I'm more interested in what "universal" bypass you are going to use to bypass Passlock in your van. Without looking up the tech sheet for your van, I remember it as having Passlock II. Using a key-in-a-box bypass won't work.
kaos79 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
its says bypass module model# 20402 & 29402 (came from nappa )  it has the key in the box and wire that goes around the ign, and when i took off the trim around the key cylinder it said passkey 3 on a little box around the cylinder
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

As mr Jworm said that won't work, what you have is a transponder type bypass also reffered to as passkey 3,  your specific car has passlock 2 present, here's an explanatio

JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, after I looked up your van it looks like it has Passkey 3. Connect the 3rd ignition input to either of the wires I listed in my last post.
Before even attempting to remote start the van with the bypass module installed make sure it remote starts with the key sitting in the ignition in the OFF position. Then you know everything else is wired properly, then install the bypass.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic