icon

520t, problem or maybe not?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
one4waves 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  

So I have my 520T installed. When I attempted to adjust the zones for the radar sensor, the instruction manual states to adjust the outer zone (warn-away stage) first, which actually moves the inner zone as well (full trigger), and then when the outer zone is done, adjust the inner zone further. Well I kept the inner zone adjustment at zero, then I turned the outer zone pot about halfway (1/4 turn). I armed the system and walked toward the truck on each side. The sensor is mounted dead center from left to right on the headliner. It seemed it was more sensitive to the driver side, but I never got a warn-away response. It only triggered the full alarm sequence. So I thought well maybe I need to adjust the inner zone as well in order for the warn-away to kick in. It never happened. It only goes straight to the full trigger whether moving outside the vehicle or sticking your hand in the window.

I have both the blue and the green wires connected to the blue wire (trunk trigger multiplexed input of the 564T alarm). Do I need to have a diode on each stage wire before connecting to the blue wire? Also, I didn't use a diode on the ground-when-armed output since I have no other sensors, modules or starter kill relay connected to the orange wire (I don't think that would make a difference in this case anyway, but I thought I'd mention it).

Any advice from the experts will be much appreciated.

Nick

Does anyone have any advice on this?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
They always seem to be sided in operation, just take the time to play with the positioning and mount in the rooflining.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
the blue trunk trigger input wont trigger a warn away response. its all or nothing with that wire.
if you can try to use the shock sensor port i think you will have better results. or splice into the wires for the shock sensor and put diodes on the green wire with the stripe going towards the sensors.
one4waves 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well I wonder why the instructions say to use that wire?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
nevermind, you are right. the blue wire isn't just an instant trigger. i guess it just needs a bit of fine tuning and i would try adding the diodes.
one4waves 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

Wound up connecting the green wire (warn-away trigger) to the shock sensor green wire with a diode, and left the blue wire (alarm trigger) connected to the blue wire of the alarm (trunk trigger). I still don't know why the instructions for the 508D say to connect both wires to the trunk trigger wire, though the manual states it is a multiplexed input. It doesn't look to be a programmable input and it just kept tripping the full alarm on the outer zone. Go figure.

I now am running channels 4 & 5 (-200ma outputs) to the key cylinders to operate the windows up and down. No relays needed since the switch rests at ground. I like the fact that the 508D gives you 4 seconds before it activates, which gives time for the window to go up before it trips the motion sensor. So the 2 pulse method used with the key to roll the windows down will now apply to the remote in this manner: Press unlock/disarm, then within 1 second press and hold unlock & aux to activate channel 5 and roll down the windows. If the windows are down and the system is disarmed, to roll the windows up I would first press lock/arm then within 1 second press and hold lock & aux to roll the windows up. Alternately, if the system is armed with the windows down and I want to roll them up I would first have to unlock, then lock again to get the first pulse before rolling them up. A little lengthy but I don't mind.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic