icon

2000 saturn sl1 passlock ii

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rockyfarted 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone in here know how the saturn security system works? I had a blank key made and it does open the doors/trunk and start the vehicle. I thought the key's on this vehicle have an integrated resistor in them. But to my surprise it started up no problem. The only issue I ran into was the factory security system sounded when I opened the door with the key and not the factory keyless entry remote, but shut off when I put the key in the ignition and started it. Does my car actually have Passlock II or is my car without it? I read that after 97 gm used it in the cars but all cars or only some? Or is it just a fluke that mine works without the resistor? Some help please cause i'm going to install a remote starter in this 2000 Saturn SL1 auto trans.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Read this
This is actually a sticky....just 4 or 5 posts above yours.
The resistor is in the ignition cylinder, not in the key. You will need to bypass this for remote start.
rockyfarted 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
So do I just get 2 relays and cut the yellow wire and wire in the 2 relays and measure the ohms and get that resistor and add that to the Passlock II black ground wire? This is my first one I'm doing with Passlock II.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I prefer to use a module, but you can use that method.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic