icon

door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f29966 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2009 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
i'm installing a Galaxy 5000RS-2W-2 remote start & security on the dodge Dakota 2005 , this truck got no power lock & no factory alarm , when i hookup the (-) door trigger to the green wire on the alarm & press lock button on the remote to arm the car , after 30 second the alarm will goes off , 1 more thing , if i lock the car before the dome light turn off , the alarm will wait until the dome light off and start making sound , do any one have this trouble before ? please help me to solve it , thanks
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
It would help if you told us what you used on the vehicle for the door trigger. I always use the independent negative door triggers when I do these. Which means, if you have a 2 door truck, you would have to hook up at least 2 separate door triggers with diodes. 4 door needs 4 different door triggers. If you tied into the domelight wire which is a POSITIVE trigger, then you would hook it up to the violet + door trigger wire on the Galaxy, and not the green - door trigger wire. This would explain your problem, but since you didn't tell us what you hooked to in the vehicle, I can't tell you for sure.
If you are using the domelight wire, you will also have to change the "ignore open door report" setting in the program menu.
f29966 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
i was use all 4 (-) door trigger wire and i'm sure on the galaxy alarm the green wire is the door trigger input (-) , but i don't understand why every time the dome light turn off , the alarm start making sound and on the remote it said door open ,
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Are you testing wires in the car with a multimer or test light, or just connecting them and hoping for the best?
The domelight wire in the Dakota is positive trigger, not negative.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
If the domelight shuts down imediately (or within 3 secs ) the doors are locked, you'll have no problem using the dome lights, with the proviso as Chris says that this is pos. I've done many VWs and BMWs with this set-up with no problems. Perhaps if you go to the separate door triggers you need to diode block as per the 1076 diagramme because ECU wake-up is causing this problem.
f29966 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
i'm use the test light to test for the wires , i'm sure all 4 door trigger wire are negative , when open the door it is negative and i did hook to 4 wires with 4 diode too . the dome light on dakota 05 is YELLOW/ORANGE (-) it location at INSTRUMENT CLUSTER , but what is INSTRUMENT CLUSTER ? i plan to hook the dome light wire to door trigger input on the alarm , please help me with that , thanks
f29966 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
if the dome light take 30 second to shut down , can i still use it for the door trigger ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic