icon

i can’t understand words in song on radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

So lets just upgrade the speakers then...If you still want a little bit more...Then maybe look at putting an amp on them...If you were a customer i would recommend to upgrade the stereo...Still not happy with  (just for you haemphyst) the sound...Upgrade the speakers...Still not happy with the sound...Put the speakers on an amp...? But in your situation...I guess just start w/ the speaker upgrade...! Does this look like the set-up you currently have in the info below...? I would recommend the Kenwood Excelon,JL,or SoundStream...This is all stuff i have experience with... We sell alot of the Kenwood products...And the price isnt bad at all...If you are thinking of installing them yourself...You should be in the $150-$200 range

2005 SCION XB 4DR SUV WITH 1.5L ENGINE AND PIONEER® AUDIO SYSTEM
i can’t understand words in song on radio - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Car Deck Specifications
Car Deck Size - CORPORATE DOUBLE DIN
Speaker Specifications
LocationSizeDepth
Front Speaker6.54
Front Tweeter1.53
Rear Speaker6.54
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
sflabrkr 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yes this is what I have. Which model of the speakers you suggested? How do they rate speakers, I'm assuming by watts?
sflabrkr
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

ANY name brand speakers you use to replace the stock speakers will sound better. period!

Again......name brand, even CHEAP name brand... It's my opinion that a set of componants up front is not totally needed.

But if you want it just that much better.... do it. Better drivers up front than in the rear. (you are in the front) spend your money there!

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  

Let whoever rides in the back seat spring for the rear speakers.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
absavino 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Go to the Crutchfield site's outfit my car and read about speakers and the reviews: http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/mycar.aspx
You can also read about headunits, amps, etc.
The component speakers will usually sound better but if you plan on doing the install yourself, you might want to stay away from them because you will have to cut out a place in the car for the tweeters.
If you find something, do a search on the Internet. You will get a much better price from another vendor. Or if you figure out the type and watts, you can also find other speakers that might work that are not listed on the Crutchfield site.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic