icon

1999 gmc sonoma remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
i am having problems with the s.e.s. light kicking on. i know you have to power third ignition but i canot find wich wire is third ignition. i am using the xk06 bypass module.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
WIRECOLORPOLARITYLOCATION 1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.BatteryRED(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Ignition 1PINK(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Ignition 2BROWN(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Ignition 3WHITE(+)OR PNK/WHT IGN HARNESS (TRANSMISSION)
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Accessory 1ORANGE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (HEAT/A.C.)
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Starter 1YELLOW(+)OR VIO IGN SWITCH HARNESS
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Anti-Theft TypeRESISTOR BASED SYS
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Anti-Theft DescriptPASSLOCK II
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Key SenseLIGHT GREEN(-)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Neutral SafetyNOT GRDING
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.TachometerWHITE(-)AT COIL TOP OF ENG PASS SIDE
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Speed SenseGREEN / WHITE 4000(AC)PASS FRT QTR BLK 80 PIN CONN POS 16
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Parking LightsBROWN(+)AT LIGHT SWITCH OR LTBLU PLUG AT BCM
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Brake LightsLIGHT BLUE(+)AT BRAKE SWITCH
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.Reverse LightsLIGHT GREEN(+)AT SWITCH ON TRANSMISSION
1999 gmc sonoma remote start -- posted image.HornBLACK(-)BRN PLUG AT BCM

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
I've never heard of a third ignition wire in one of those.
You've got the main pink ignition wire, which the engine won't even run if you don't get that.
You've got the white second ignition wire, which, if you don't hook it up on the full-size trucks, can/will cause transmission problems.....not sure what it would do on a Sonoma if you didn't hook it up.
You've got the orange accessory wire, which powers the climate controls and blower..........no heat/AC during remote start if you don't hook that up.
Then you've got the brown second accessory wire, which almost no one hooks up, but some people do. Not everyone is in agreement on this.
I never hook up the brown, preferring to keep the windshield wipers disabled during remote start. Other installers disagree and hook up everything.
You might try powering up the brown wire as an accessory and see if it fixes your problem. It might or it might not.
Is that check engine light coming on only during remote start, or even with the key?
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
even with the key
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have noticed on some vehicles you have to power up both Acc. wires...It says in the notes above white or pink/white for Ign.3...(did you see that in the notes...?) One was a ford taurus...That was setting off check engine codes because of the fuel gauge not working during remote start...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

on my information i do not have 3r ignition check with the meter if you need it but most cars only comes with 2 if you do not have a vm you can also use a test light sometimes the info is not very acurate that's why everyone in here uses vm when doing installs it might need the second accesory  check if need aditional info reply good luck

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
jmsounds wrote:

on my information i do not have 3r ignition check with the meter if you need it but most cars only comes with 2 if you do not have a vm you can also use a test light sometimes the info is not very acurate that's why everyone in here uses vm when doing installs it might need the second accesory  check if need aditional info reply good luck

I think we use DMM so we dont set off check engines lights and inflate airbags...Stay AWAY from test lights...When i went to Mobile Dynamics...We tested a Computer safe test light...It was pushing out almost 4 volts through it...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

I think we use DMM so we dont set off check engines lights and inflate airbags...Stay AWAY from test lights...When i went to Mobile Dynamics...We tested a Computer safe test light...It was pushing out almost 4 volts through it...

i meant dmm and the test light was just for the ignition wire i never use test light is not an accurate source  since it only lights up u don't know if it has 12 volts

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic