icon

2005 chrysler crossfire r/s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Currently installing remote start in '05 Crossfire. Any advise on installing the immobilizer bypass? I am using a 556u and I understand that I have to pull apart the key. Just looking for tips or tricks to make it work. Thank you.
Big Al
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Quite true and essentially this is an SLK Mercedes, one thought:- Mercedes often use multiple IGN and ACC wires so check this out.
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Everything besides the bypass was very typical. I had 2 ignition, 1 accessory, 2 12v, and a starter. I couldn't get the placement of the 556u antenna ring placed quite right around that OEM antenna ring, so I get to hardwire directly to the factory ring. The only downer is that I have to get behind the instrument cluster to access the SKEEM module. Pain in the backside, and everything else that feels pain when one works on a European vehicle. I don't know how you do it, Howie II!!
Big Al
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Funnily enough, all the US build stuff leaves me cold, did a RAM a few months ago, (must be at least 5 in the UK), used this site, Audiovox and DEI as crib sheets, they ALL got ign 1 wrong, result, engine light on for 20 miles! On a serious note, assuming that the Crossfire is SLK based, depending on the key, I'd have wired the 556U as EUROPEAN in the instruction guide, hence no antenna loop problem, but if it worked for you, hey you've done fine.
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I had no luck trying the old-fashioned way of installing a 556u in that car. I spent enough time trying to get it to work, so I will have another chance next week.
I attempted the "European" way with the 556u, and when I stripped back the insulation at the factory antenna ring, it was a "coax-style" wire. I really didn't want to mess with that. That's when I was informed that I had to go to the Sentry Key module in the dash to make this thing work correctly...sigh. I do enjoy good challenge though!
Big Al

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic