icon

2005 6 series bmw wiring info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevetolentino 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

Someone please help me quick, I need wiring info on this 2005 BMW 6 series, all I really need is 12v constant and starter wire colors. 

Thanks in advance.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

What! i noticed this is your second consecutive post for info on bmw wiring! Howard may help you, depending on what mood he is in, LOL, anyway, if you're dealing with technical vehicles such as these, although the colour of the wiring can be given to you, it's always wise to take your meter out and do the testing.

JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
stevetolentino 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for posting your suggestion but I have always thought since a topic for this year make an model does not exist it would be best to have some technical data posted in a thread since I don't have the resources to post it.  Not that I would not meter it anyway but I find it easier to ask, have it posted and have some info going in.  Regardless, this thread would be searched by someone in the future so that's why I ask if the info is not here already thank you!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  

Red, RED / blue or RED / Green,  either at ign switch control module if it's a slot switch follow the cables down to a black control module, or fuse box. Starter wire will be either light GREEN/ black, BLACK/ blue, BLACK/ green or BLACK / YELLOW. Located in the engine bay.

I've also been watching your posts, you've got to buy a DMM, I also think you're in over your head. As t&t intimates, I also think you're in over your head here.

stevetolentino 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie, appreciate the help.  Like I said, for those that are not able to purchace those resources, and for the reason this site is here in the first place it would be nice to have something posted here for those searching for info on this vehicle.
stevetolentino 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Also, if you notice how long I have been here you'll see how long I have been using the info here throughout the years, an I have been logging on to this site before I even registared..  Although I haven't been contributing to the info myself I still use this site for some things.  So to say it's over my head I would think is a ittle quick to comment.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Steve, I realise my comment must have sounded demeaning but I do call it as I see it. Like t&t  I've noticed that you are asking very basic questions, most of which you could answer yourself with a DMM.   We are here to guide you, not hold your hand.  In the last 2 months I've done every Toyota and Lexus model and I hadn't done any for years.  So I learned myself.  I've been called the Peugeot Guru here and I hate them!....But I was determined to conquer them.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
a DMM costs $6 minimum. And a decent one for $40. If you have internet on this site, there is no excuse. Especially if you own a BMW.
stevetolentino 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

Like I said Howie, your posting info I can't find on my CD's or on Websites I'm not registard on I figuir I might as well ask because THAT info needs to be on here anyway for those that search so it's a good thing anyway.  Disregard that fact that I'm asking and by the way yinke I have 3 of them.  No I don't own a BMW but I do have an Audi A8L, I've been an installer since 91, I just like going into a job with info in hand and do all my testing on locations, being that I'm mobil.

Anyway, thanks again Howie you always seem to post to my threads and it only adds to the search files here.  Not asking for anyone to guide me  or hold my hand I just figuired someone knows ahead of me.  I guess it's hard to change old habits.

stevetolentino 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

Oh an yimke, mine aren't under 150

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic