the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Real Time Analyzer - What do I need to do

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vseven 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Systems done, everything is done...well as far as I'm willing to go with it. Now I have to tune my Audio Control EQS (6 channel EQ, 1 octave front and rear, 1/2 octave sub). Can you rent RTA's or would I have to have the cars EQ settings done professionally? I just downloaded a RTA program for the computer which is really neat but I don't know how accurate I can get it. I have a stage boundry mic with a very flat response, I tested it out with some pink noise on my home teater and it showed a almost flat curve (that dosn't sound right...). So tomorrow, assuming the mic and pc combination is fairly acurate, I'm going to try and setup the EQS using the software. But if it dosn't sound very good what else can I do? I really don't want to spend more money getting it tuned if I can rent or borrow a RTA somewhere. Anyone have some ideas?
Allan.
lebanik 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

you can usually rent a RTA from a sound contractor. Try looking for a pro audio installer in your area,they will either have one to rent or can tell you who rents them.

brian

vseven 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I found a local music shop that does pro installs and also rents pretty much audio equipment on the market. They said they could rent me a RTA and the mic that goes with it for $66 for two months. My local car audio shop also quoted me $60 - $80 for them to level and eq it. Thanks for the suggestion lebanik, I tried calling pleaces like Sam ash/Sam goode and Guitar center without any luck (took three people at guitar center until someone knew what I was talking about) but I didn't even think to look for an installer. I think I'm going to go this route and do it myself first for the experience and second because I can take my time and do my home theater after I'm done with my car.
Allan.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic