icon

pontiac grand am remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrpickles 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

I recently put in a viper 160 xvl remote start on my girlfriends 2003 grand am gt.  I also put in the 556 module for the passkey bypass.  I did the tach learning and the r code learning and for some reason the starter will not engage.  Voltage will show on the purple starter output put the starter will not crank.  I used a t harness for the ignition harness and soldered all heavy guage wires.  Any Thoughts? Did i miss a wire?  I wired the first and second igniton, three 12v constant from the two in the ignition switch, the accessory, and the starter keyside and starter ouput.

Also, the security light will come on when i remote start or when i do the valet take over mode.  The led light on the 556 module will not come on.  When i start with the key, security lights is not on and the led on the 556 is on.  i wired the ignition wire from the module to the second ignition on the wire harness? I thought both ignitions turn on at same time.?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

the grand ams have passlock 2.  by 556 do you mean the dei556u?  because that wouldnt work  for passlock 2

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
nevermind...you probably mean the 556l.  im slow today sorry bout that.  id check the second ign output from the remote start since its not powering up the bypass module.  make sure its not set to be an 2nd accesory output and see if its getting any power at all 
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
try to R/S the car with the key in the IGN. NOT ON just sittn in the IGN
Also you may need a - while run wire hooked to the bypass mod
mrpickles 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help. Finally got it to run.  I changed the lead to the primary ignition wire but that didn't help.  Key in ignition didn't help either.  finally reprogramed the bypass for the umteenth time, but cycled the ignition fast before starting.  Somehow it works now.  This website is awesome though!
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic