icon

wiring up remote locking on legacy 2001

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
martyb1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ive just installed a Mongoose Car Alarm Model- M60b to my Subaru Legacy 2001. Got everything working except remote locking . Not sure how to wire this up. Have located the wires from door as per diagram on this site. Does anyone Know what type of door switch this model car uses. Any advice would be appreciated.
Always playing with stuff I know nothing about
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have the rocker switch that controls all four doors on the driver controls, I did a vintage legacy today without the rocker controls it had a central locking system, i did a more recent one a while back the locks were reverse polarity, but a subaru of that year should be negative trigger. Do you have a meter? How do you have it wired currently?

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Oh by the way like the signature! LOL! That's why the guys on this site are here! Cheers!
martyb1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

It has the system that controls all four doors. The wiring diagram  (on this site) shows that the 2 wires used are Negative. I dont have a meter but will get one to determine what type of switch is used here.  The alarm manual shows different setups for different types of door switches. Its all new to me but Im learning

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
That's what i thought! When you acquire your meter, post back i'll be glad to help you!
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
the one that i came across had the central locking system like t&t mentioned.  theres no actuator in the drivers door, so if you add one, you can control all the doorlocks through the alarm system
martyb1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

It doesnt have the door lock control switch on the door console , just central locking from key or factory remote Cheers

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, ok well, then there are two possiblities, you can either locate the locking module and take a meter and probe for the negative trigger wires, or another route would be to connect the drivers door to two relays wired for reverse polarity, if you are interested in the relay setup i can post up a diagram and assist you in locating the wires you need!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
If it has factory remote, there will obviously be a motor in the driver's door. I only know the Imprezza well bugt that has the factory lock wring in the driver's footwell. N.B. On post 2001 UK market Imprezzas they used a 1 wire, open circuit lock and ground to unlock, but it may be the other way round. The control unit  was located below the inst. panel just behind the lower dash.
martyb1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
i think that it maybe an open circuit type switch. I can get it to unlock by grounding one wire but will need to cut the other to create unlock. Will do some tests once I buy a meter. Once I determine what Im dealing with It should be easy. Thanks for everyones input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic