mini cooper 07 with smartkey

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
burner 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I am currently installing a alarm into an 07 cooper S with the smart key.
I have checked the wiring info that is posted on here for the 07, however from what I understand the schematic is different from the regular key and the smart key (both were manufactured in 07).
I am unable to get the locks, door/trunk pin, and parking light wire.
Can anyone please help.
Thank you kindly!!!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.All Door TriggerBROWN / YELLOW(+)AT FOOTWELL MODULE IN DRIVER KICKPANELmini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.
mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.LF LatchBROWN / ORANGE(-)AT FOOTWELL MODULE IN DRIVER KICKPANEL
mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.RF LatchBLUE/WHITE(-)AT FOOTWELL MODULE IN DRIVER KICKPANEL
mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.Trunk TriggerVIOLET / YELLOW(-)AT COURTESY LIGHT IN TRUNK
mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.Hood TriggerVIOLET/GREEN(-)AT HOOD PIN SWITCH mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.
mini cooper 07 with smartkey -- posted image.Parking Lights

Note on all door trigger reads,  diode isolate both door wires.

Note on parking light wire reads, diode isolate all 4 parking light wires or use hazards.  They do not say anything about diode isolating the hazards, but I am sure you will need to do that.  They also give no wire color or location.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
I would look at all control modules, the previous Min was 3 Series BMW, this will have to be treated the same way. In UK spec that keyswitch goes to a module above l/h kick panel, also hazards on the UK spec was 2 x outputs going to 3 x diodes each. Lock and unlock would therefore be WHITE/ black and blue/red (-).  What a joy to strip one down. Inserting a Parrot or similar BT kit is a PITA, with about 30+ screws to be removed.
burner 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
hello, and thank you kindly,
is there any info on the locks ?
or pk light wire??
kola7126 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

VEHICLE: MINI - Year of registration 2006

CDL ELECTRICAL WINDOW WINDER AND

SUNROOF: Diagram Nr. 10. Negative common.

OPEN:

WHITE-BLACK 0,5 mm2.

CLOSE:

BLUE-RED 0,5 mm2.

Connector: BLACK 54-way connected to

the unit fixed on the back of the

passenger side kick-plate.

Position: Nr. 3 and Nr. 21.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

Kola as usual you have a superb knowledge/data base. BUT I was guessing the colours and surely if the Mini has a smart key, it will be the Mkll spec with the window switches in the roof. Having said that I'm sure having checked this on e46 and e80 3 series that the colours stayed the same.  2005 was a  year when BMW made lots of small changes to the electrics.

Neither Kola or myself would know about the parking lights because in Europe we use the amber direction indicators, at the module Kola mentioned, 3 x blue / YELLOW, 3 x blue/green and 3 x blue brown. Use 2n5401 diodes to split the pos going light outputs from your alarm. N.B. Holding on to the lock wire for about 12secs. will close windows and roof.

burner 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2009 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
THANK you all,
only one problem,
used the trunk pin from light in trunk (violet / YELLOW)
however 30 min after arming alarm the alarm will go off and is trigged from trunk pin.
is it possible to getting feedback from ecm?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2009 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
Keep forgetting it's a 3 Series under the skin. How many courtesy lights are there in the trunk/hatch?  Go to the power feed by it's supply plug, 12v+ constant (before timer shuts it down {and that's why it's triggering}) should be RED / yellow. Diode 1N4004, band towards light bulb.
burner 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
howie, thanks for the help,
do I cut the 12V or do I cut the (-) trigger to interrupt with diode??
And the trunk pin wire I tap on the band side or the other side??
thanks again
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  

Diode to RED / yellow pos wire which feeds the trunk light, band towards light unit. This is a diversion but if that vehicle hjas aremote trunk rekease on the driver's fob, it's 10amp pos going and light GREEN/ grey in one of the floor looms. If your alarm's trunk release is neg, take this wire to a relay terminal 85, constant 12volts at 10amps to 86 and 30 87 to  light grey/green. Diode across 85 and 86, band to 86.

N.B. I can't get over the price of Bosch type relays and diodes in the US, we pay about $2 for the first and 5c for the second.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic