sub sounds sloppy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

Have you tried setting the crossover to 120Hz or so?  I do not know if you are listening to new or old rock n roll recordings.  Older stuff had no information below 100Hz.

Will add that one to my upsell/knowledge list...sub sounds sloppy - Page 2 -- posted image.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
cavscout73 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
well consider me the audio Newb!!
I have installed many systems over the years but this one was kickin my arse!!
anyhow still didnt get the other amp and speakers in yet but after hours of playing with it , its not perfect but depending on the music I can get it really close
but I found an adjustment on the head unit that gives me LPF at 80/120/160 and thruso I found a spot on the amp that works and can make adjustments depending on what im listening to according,
I did break out some classic rock and tried it on 80 and not much kick it to 120 and it sounded good, so something else to add to the memory banks..
cant wait to hear what it sounds like when I put the 4 channel in and a set of tweets tomorrow night!!! will keep ya posted on progress
although I may bump up the size of the sub enclosure this week as well just to see if it makes a difference
cavscout73 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2009 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
okay update .. got the other amp installed tonight..
what an improvement still have some adjusting to do , but it sounds good... and I still have to change out the stock front speakers...
as I said before think I am gonna go up on the enclosure size by a bit still, and depending on what music I am listening to I have all the adjustments on the head unit easily set to change .. no biggy guess thats the price for listening to all types of music... thanks again for any input everyone,
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic