icon

center consol sub box?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joebear 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2009 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2006 Chev K2500 crew cab. I would like to remove the center seat and replace it with a 10" sub box. Has anyone custom built one? I have an older sub that requires only .5cuft of airspace. I know it is possible to do I am just wondering if anyone has done it and what to watch out for!

THANKS!!

SMILE!!

deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hey joe,

Do you have any photo's of what you are trying to do and how. It is much easier for people to help when they have a better understanding. Do you want the sub down firing or do you want it towards the back? are you wanting to fiberglass it or just out of mdf? Get an idea of what you are wanting and let us know in more detail so we can help! thanks

Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
asquarecan 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have done this, but on a different car. I have a Pontiac g6
center consol sub box? -- posted image.
Lots of time and a lot of test fits. Top, bottom and back are mdf sides and face are fiberglass.
Sounds great I am adding 2 more woofers because I need more bass, but mine is only an 8"
Most importantly have fun!
Keith
joebear 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Deeg I have the idea I am wondering if anyone else has pictures of one completed for this truck.

I am capable of design and construction but want to see others first.

The plan is to have it fire forward as I have done several this way and they sounded the best.

asquarecan that box looks very good! Sometimes the trickiest work is the most satisfying!

deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Oh ok I got ya. well I have never built a center console box. I do know that here is another topic on this forum that is for an f-150 and they built a console box. I dont know if they ever showed any finished pictures but it was looking pretty good when I last took a look at. Maybe that one can give you a little help. Although I dont think it was a forward firing box. Well, When you start it be sure to post pictures and keep us updated! Thanks
Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic