icon

python 1601, 2000 mustang gt, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godshandkiller 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2009 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
im a newbie to wiring door locks so any help is greatlyappreciated and i would like to thank everybody for all help over the time i have been on this site ,very informative.i am putting the python 1601 on my mustang and im confused on the door locks do you need diodes or can you use relays (451m) if anybody could explain and give me a diagram please,i need the sesame street version lol i wire up radios and amps with no problems,i just always have trouble with door locks.i have had 2 alarm remote starts on this car and neither one worked correctly.and im sure its just me.i dont really understand diodes do they just let power go one eay kinda like a one way valve?if anybody can give me the the simplest version of doing this it would be great.thanks in advance for your help.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2009 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

Can you either post the wire description for the door locks...or a link to the manual...? will see if its on the site...

Power UnlockVIOLET(+)KEYLESS MODULE ABOVE DRIVER KICK
python 1601, 2000 mustang gt, door locks - Last Post -- posted image.PowerLockLIGHT GREEN(+)KEYLESS MODULE ABOVE DRIVER KICK
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2009 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
yeah...diodes are like a one-way street...12v only goes through one-way...flip the diode...and only ground can pass...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 05, 2009 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
godshandkiller 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
ok i see how diodes work can any body give me a diagram to wire it so they dont mess up please
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

Can you either post the wire description for the door locks...or a link to the manual...? will see if its on the site...

Power UnlockVIOLET(+)KEYLESS MODULE ABOVE DRIVER KICK
python 1601, 2000 mustang gt, door locks - Last Post -- posted image.PowerLockLIGHT GREEN(+)KEYLESS MODULE ABOVE DRIVER KICK

...? Whats the wire description on the lock/unlock...Is it + or -...or both...Dont recall on that unit...It should say in the wiring diagram...or in the wire description...If you give up that little bit of info...I could probably tell you how to wire them up...Dont think diodes are in order though...Where did this diode question w/ the door locks come about...? If they are negative trigger...you will need to use relays to convert to + signal...There are some aftermarket door lock polarity switches you could order , some plug right into the door lock output plug on alarm/remote start...!...Ive had nothing but bad luck w/ them...

python 1601, 2000 mustang gt, door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Convert a Negative Output to a Positive Output
If you have a switch or an alarm or keyless entry that has a negative output that you wish to use to switch a device that requires 12V+ such as a horn, dome light, parking lights, head lights, hatch release, etc., wire a relay as shown below to convert the negative output (trigger) to a positive output.
python 1601, 2000 mustang gt, door locks - Last Post -- posted image.
Here's the same configuration showing a negative output from an alarm or remote keyless entry used to activate a trunk release solenoid that requires 12V+ to release the trunk.
python 1601, 2000 mustang gt, door locks - Last Post -- posted image.

M.E.C.P & First-Class

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic