icon

dei 520 battery backup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2009 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
The heat shortens the lifespan and performance of batteries period. Especially in cars. Or needless to say it is hard on them. They may say 4-5 battery but in reality here in the desert, you're lucky to get 2.5 years. I am trying the redtop optima battery for my car. And thus far in a year, no problems yet. I went through 2 520ts in less than a year on my alarm.
bizill 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
in my camaro, my red top optima lasted 2 years. in my silverado, my yellow top died in less than two...
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
dei 520 battery backup - Page 2 -- posted image.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

above is a pic of my new backup battery. I clipped the blk/red wire harness off the old 520t and connected it to my new batt using .187 or 3/16th female spade connectors. This will now plug into the attached harness of the diode box previously pictured. I hooked it up for a trial run..disconnected my battery while the alarm was armed, and the alarm went off full power with both exterior sirens and internal piezo siren. My lights still flash as well... but I use LEDs for my parking lights which draw minimal current. Thanks for your interest.

bizill 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
CAN'T see the pic...can anyone else?
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
Apparently the images were removed.
bizill 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
anyway, how's it working thus far?  any boiling batteries or anything of the sort?
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
I take it you are being sarcastic. I just finished the install tonight. I placed the back up battery in a cut-out of the foam padding under my back seat..which is also supported by a fireproof/heat type padding that rests on the base of the car to protect the pull out back seat/foam padding . I located it here since anywhere under my dash or center console gets hot..and is conspicuous. I extended the wiring along the side panel in looming, and tied it in to the connections at the diode box and junction plug...which is located in my pass kick panel. I tested the voltage of the backup batt and it rests at 12.8 volts. Armed the alarm, and disconnected the power supply at the battery and the alarm went off full power. If I can figure a way to shrink the pics.. I will re-post.  
bizill 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
sarcastic, some, yes.  kudos to you for getting it to work right.  sometimes i tinker around with things and get failed results.  things don't always work as we would hope.  glad it's working for you.  as for myself, i'm STILL debating what to do.  may end up doing what you did or i may still just leave it out altogether.  thanks jcs.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2009 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
dei 520 battery backup - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic