the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

09 Nissan 370Z, Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

ok. i cant get this thing to turn over at all for remotestart. not with just the key in the car or with just the bypass. everything seems to be getting power because all the lights on the dash come on just as if you were trying to start it with the key. i cant rule out that it is a bypass problem, the bypass is an omega IM07 with the pkn3 firmware and i just re flashed it with the updated firmware that supposedly is for the 370Z. im just at a loss with this one.

the alarm im using is a viper 5901.

i have both starters, both ignitions, and both acc hooked up and all of them are relay isolated.

you guys have any tips or know something i might have missed? this is my first remote start on a push to start car so i guess you could say im an experienced noob right now so even basic info might be useful right now.

thanks

Dan

soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

so i couldn't get it to start yesterday and im still in the same situation, ive got everything working except the remote start.  does anyone have a diagram of the actual starter buttom because im thinking of just trying to interface directly with the button so a pin out would be really nice.

heres what i have done so far:

i test ed all of the outputs from the alarm to make sure everything gets activated and that is all fine. the only thing i can think of is maybe there isanother acc or ignition that needs to see power. but everything on the remote started side is working as it should.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

It's in the BCS.pdf file of the service manual.

It says that the push button switches to ground on a brown wire at pin 89 of the BCM.

How are you going to stop someone from driving off with the car if it is started in this manner?  The brake shut down will not shut it down, nor will over rev protection, nor the remote start time out (nor the remote, etc).

The only way to shut the car off will be to push the button again.

Kevin Pierson
soundnsecurity 
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

see, thats what i dont get. the brown wire at the BCM should be the same wire at the switch, at least thats how it is on the dei tech sheet.  if i rig it up to act like the push button then the car just starts and runs with no way to kill it but thats the same wire they want you to use at the bcm. 

i basically got it running when i had it hooked direct to the switch but i had the problems you mentioned earlier.  i can set it up to use the aux channel to pulse the brake shutdown wire and give another pulse to the brown wire which effectively shuts down the car with the remote but there is still the little problem of anyone can just jump into the car and drive off with it.  this car is such a pain, but hopefully when it comes back i can try a different bypass and maybe be ok.  ill keep everyone posted. and im still open to suggestions from anyone who thinks they have any ideas

mchip 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

You need to send a (-) to the brown wire on the BCM.

I got the same trouble on a 370Z with manuel transmission... I always install DirektStart remote starter (DSE) and I use the gray wire (neg pulse when shut down) but on this car I installed a Compustart 2 ways... and I cant found a solution for a negative pulse when the remote starter shut down... anoyone know well the compustart and got a solution for me ?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

hey KTM, i think as a directed dealer you still have to pay for it. My friends shop sells lots of DEI products, but his wiring guides are astroflex (great info IMO) just recently he started to use Fortins new wiring guide, and its just as good as astros. The only thing is, to access the diagrams from fortin,  its

1) become a dealer of fortin

2) use the 2day serial number shipped with the CAN-SL2, key-override-all, and Honda-SL3 only.

for push button starts, many would use the door pin as a shutdown alternative for the brakes. This is because the newer push buttons require you to hold the brakes for it to start.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic