icon

proximity sensor, 94 acura integra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznriced 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
Hello peeps, i am planning to get an aftermarket proximity sensor for my 94 acura integra.
Currently i have an old school Clifford Arrow 2 or 3 alarm with a Magnetic Resonance Sensor.   The Resonance Sensor only have 3 wires ; Red(Power) Orange(Alarm Trigger) Black(Ground or Warning trigger?)   
The proximity sensor comes with 4 wires ;Red(Power) Blue(Interior Alarm Trigger) Green(Exterior Warning Trigger) Black(Ground).
So how would i connect these?
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
Join blue and green together and join to the orange. In actual fact the Arrow series are too basic, I'm not sure if it will work, you might have to discard the mag (shock) sensor.
aznriced 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply,
I assume i am going to loose the warning for the exterior?
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
If it an arrow 2 you will not be able to get a warning zone without connecting directly to the siren with a relay.  Just connect the blue wire to the orange sensor of the wire for interior intrusion.  If it an arrow 3 which it doesn't sound like it is by the label on the shock sensor, there will be a auxiliary sensor input with a red, orange, blue, and black wires.  Orange is full trigger connect to the blue on the sensor.  Green is warning connect to the blue.  Older cliffords do not always agree with dei sensors if thats what it is because they have a crude way of multiplexing the outputs.  In other words if i remember correctly that blue wire from the sensor will still give a pulse on warn away albeit a shorter one and will give a longer pulse on the full trigger on the same wire.  DEI alarms can decipher this clifford did not.  The short pulse still might trigger full siren activation on the clifford.  I am going from memory but i think i had a problem once before.  I only did it once, i always used clifford sensors with their products. 
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
You can use a relay in order to retain the exterior zone for most systems.
85 = sensor green
86 = +12V
30 = ground
87 = siren ground
87 = no connection
On occasion, I find that the sensor trigger does not provide enough ground to trip the relay. In those cases, I build a little circuit with a couple of resistors and a transistor to make up for it.
I'm not familiar with the Cliffords but make sure the sensor is active only when the system is armed. Otherwise the siren wil be chirping all the time. If the sensor is active all the time, tie the sensor ground to the armed output. If you have a starter disable relay installed you will need to install two diodes to isolate the relay and sensor. The bands should be installed towards the brain.
aznriced 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Is this correct?
proximity sensor, 94 acura integra -- posted image.
Would this work as howieII mentioned?
proximity sensor, 94 acura integra -- posted image.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

Spot on because I'm pretty sure scirocco16v explained better what was worrying me about the Arrow 2, it was too basic, also 91st except you meant 87a no conection.  You know what you mean, I know what you mean, sorry I'm a bit anal today. I'm trying to help the guy with the 92 5 series, he's found his autochanger but he's failed to find his adjacent amp, he doesn't seem to be listening, it's quite simple. If the amp's OK. then you MUST power up the white turn-on wire in the loom at the head unit.

Sorry aznriced, your upper diagramme is spot on.

91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
yeah I meant 87a = no connection
thanks howie
If it is multiplex like scirocco16v says, than I'm not sure how it would work properly without actually trying it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic