icon

clifford intelligaurd dead

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
groho 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
deader than a door nail!  Had to disconnect my battery to isolate an alternator problem.  Reconnected everything and now my Clifford car alarm is dead.  Doesn't see the remotes, and won't respond to valet code. Both the 5 and 20 amp fuses are good, verified with voltmeter.  The instructions don't show a third fuse.  Though note confirmed, I suspect I have a 7000.  The fundamental configurations are very similar between the 6000 and 8000.  Thank you for your help...
groho 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
incorrect info, it's actually an 800, not an 8000.  I've pretty much confirmed it has no power, so probably blew a fuse.  If anyone has the wiring diagram for an 800, it would help allot.  The only fuses I'm aware of are up at the battery and both those are good.  I'm wondering if there's a fuse easewhere in the system.  valet mode using my code, and default code is dead, so it definately looks like a power problem.
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2009 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

it may have had its time.  There are a couple of options you can try before writing it off though.  Third generation and earlier cliffords were very succeptible to voltage variations and spikes and would lock up.  A simple "computer style" reset often solves the problem  Those are the two fuses you need. They connect to  red and RED / white wires.  First off check the ground for the system(black 18 gauge wire).  It should be at or near the battery too if it was done correctly.  Make sure you did not accidently not reconnect it if you disconnected the negative battery terminal   After verifying that pull the 5 amp fuse at the battery and let it sit out for a minute, then reinstall.  See if you can get into valet after that.  Even if it goes into valet, there is a good chance the remotes need to be reprogrammed.  Older cliffords were notorious for dropping remotes after removing power.   

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Think as usual you're spot on S. all Cliffords up to G4 suffered after us shouting at them about the problem, they lowered the operating voltage thresholds and G4 onwards was OK, on the first Euro CAT l alarm the Concept 50 (aka the Comeback 50 times) the trick after a flat or disconected battery was to unjpower for 20 mins then reconnect, this cured nearly all G1-3.
groho 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
thank guys, I'll knock this out this weekend.
groho 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2009 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
Howie and Scirocco, thanks for the input!  While I was doing other work on the truck, I disconnected the battery, installed a new connector for a better ground, let the system drain.  30 min later, reconnected and all is good.  Awesome, thank you!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic