clifford650 intellistart wount stay start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i-vtec 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2009 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
Im not gona argue here HOWARD.
below are answers to your question, and see If you suspect anything wrong. thanks
Without hearing what happens this 4 secs run is puzzling me. Is the engine cranking that length of time?
[/QUOTE]Engine starts fine,crank time is set 100% perfect,.but then shuts itself off, after 4 - 5 sec,
example(picture this) start the engine with key,and then after 4-5 sec turn the IGN off, this is exactly what happens when remotely started .
Re Blackjax. Turn on key then enter your Blackjax code. Yet again please read the instructions. If you don't have them, pm me with your personal email and I'll send them on to you.  Have you checked that the BJ is programmed on?
I have downloaded the instructions manual and installation.
BJ is on, as why would it ask for code, If not entered the first time. I know its not temp off, as the led would flash 10 times when IGN off. I've checked via manual programming, I got 2 chirps, as per page 32 installation manual.unless their is some other way to do this.

Is your car a manual or auto?  If manual, disconnect GREEN/ black from black and use manual safety mode, it wil save you a bundle on lawsuits.

GREEN/ blue on Intellistart, connect to reverse light feed if auto  parking brake switch or warning light if manual.

The car is a manual, So I will disconnect GREEN/ black.and connect blue/green to the handbrake wire,and I believe this is a + input.
Out of interest Why the Hell did the Motorguard installer connected GREEN/ Black to Ground, On a manual car,This is my previous car im taking about.
Thank you for your patients and help Howard.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

Grounding the GREEN/ black AT stand off wire on a manual. In fact on this site if you even ask how to do it, they  can bar you. There are serious legal implications e.g. leaving car in gear facing downhill, the car will drive away.

As for this runs for 3-5 secs, all I can think of is to suggest turning off the blackjax.

i-vtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2009 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
thank you howard. Will try these methods and update the post.
i-vtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Great news.
I have finally fixed this issue , which i have been having on my Clifford 650 alarm.
I simply tried to programme the RPM and bingo, all sorted.
Big thanks to Howard for his assistances.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic