icon

idatalink ads dlsl ch3 transponder loop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2009 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
I am using an Idatalink ADS-DLSL CH3 for my 07 Dodge Nitro.. I need to hook up the transponder loop but it didn't come with one!? Is that normal?
I see it plugs into the blue plug in the bypass and I got a three wire plug that would plug into that spot but it is just three loose wires.. No ring...
Did I get shorted something in my bypass box or is this something I need to order extra? If so, anyone have a part number?
Also, what is the three wire plug that comes with it that plugs in there? It's WHITE/ red, white, and WHITE/ black..
Thanks!
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
The ads website says it comes with the c2 ring. Was it in a sealed box from ads? If you can get your hands on a chrysler key blank the 3 pin harness can be used instead of using a relay or a 555u.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

beegbie wrote:
The ads website says it comes with the c2 ring. Was it in a sealed box from ads? If you can get your hands on a chrysler key blank the 3 pin harness can be used instead of using a relay or a 555u.

Do you have a link to the page where it saysit comes with the c2 ring? I got it off eBay and I contacted the seller and asked him.. He said he has a couple other ones and he's going to check to see if those have it in them but he can't until tomorrow.. If I can prove that it should come with that part if he says it doesn't that would be great..

What do you mean if I can get a blank Chrysler key? Can't I get that off eBay? If I had one, what would I do? Wrap the three wires that I have on the 3 pin harness (the blue one I was talking about) around the key after I program it?

Thanks again for the help!

beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
http://store.idatalink.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=36
I don't know the dodge part number but the howard key number is 16050 (howardkeys.com). If you had the key instead of using a 555u you could take a small gauge wire, put 5-6 loops around key, then put 5-6 loops around the key barrel, then connect the two ends to the white and white w/ black wires. This would take care of the transponder override but I think your better off getting the c2 ring.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
You should have bought one with the CH5 firmware, it uses a data bypass for the Nitro, so no loop required. You could try to find a local dealer in town that can flash the CH5 to it for you. The C2 ring does not come with the module since not all vehicles need it. Some require the C1 ring and others no ring at all.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2009 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
jrilla wrote:
You should have bought one with the CH5 firmware, it uses a data bypass for the Nitro, so no loop required. You could try to find a local dealer in town that can flash the CH5 to it for you. The C2 ring does not come with the module since not all vehicles need it. Some require the C1 ring and others no ring at all.
I have the flasher.. I bought it so I can update the CH3 with the 2.4V firmware..
When I go to Idatalink's site and select an 07 Nitro I don't see a CH5 mentioned anywhere.. Where is it?
And the C2 ring is supposed to come with the one I purchased as it's in the manual that it's included. The guy I bought it from is sending me one..
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2009 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Jrilla? Can you confirm for me please?
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the link to the page where you can search for modules based on vehicle type: iDatalink Help
After entering the 07 Nitro click on firmware next to the ADS-AL CA and it shows the CH5 as the correct firmware. You can download the CH5 install guide there also.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
jrilla wrote:
Here is the link to the page where you can search for modules based on vehicle type: iDatalink Help
After entering the 07 Nitro click on firmware next to the ADS-AL CA and it shows the CH5 as the correct firmware. You can download the CH5 install guide there also.
That's a totally different bypass.. I read your reply as meaning I should have bought the bypass I did buy (the ADS-DLSL CH3) with the CH5 firmware...
You're saying I should have bought the ADS-AL CA bypass.. I don't think I can flash the bypass I got with the firmware you are referring to.. Can I?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
The ADS DLSL CH3 is fine for your Nitro. It should have a ADS RNG2 in the box and is used with it. You should also be using document 906 for this install. Yes, it actually states in doc 906 that the RNG2 is included....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic