how will plexiglass affect subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
d_rock_81 wrote:
i was thinking the bandpass route, except I'm not sure how good of a bandpass i can build with the limited amount of space i have to work with. I'm already cutting out part of the floorboards and dropping them down a few inches to get all the space i can. This setup does not need earth shattering bass but must sound good. no "muddy" bass will be accepted by the customer. primary music played will be rock.
What subs are you using? I wouldn't really use bandpass for rock as it will typically lead to "muddy" sound which is what you are trying to avoid. If output isn't the main concern then there isn't really much of a reason to use bandpass anyways.
d_rock_81 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
i was just thinking bandpass because i could then incorporate the false floor into the box design. i haven't picked out subs yet. With the cost of my fabrication they will be limited to what they can run at the moment.
Dustin Rockney
Rockstar Autosports
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic