icon

remote starter in 95 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Whats up gentlemen, since summer is over and its soon to be winter time i think its time that i spoil myself a bit. Im interested in installing a remote starter in my 95 civic si.
I already have a viper alarm 5002 installed.. i know i can add in the remote starter as long as its the same brand starter..
Now im curious to know if this something i can do myself?.. or should i take it to someone and pay to have it done?
thx in advance
laynlower 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
PAY A PRO TO HAVE IT DONE RIGHT
live to scrape
scrape to live
LOWLIFE CUSTOMS
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

This is a piece of cake car! Once you're willing to invest in a dmm and some other small tools i would be glad to help you! Of course if you have the funds follow mr laynlower"s advice, it could save you some stress! Let me know wht you decide!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
It's a real no brainer. Apart from the door motor if it's required.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
A shop will offer a warranty...Most are lifetime on labor...So any problems...Done in a few hours...! And your supporting the economyremote starter in 95 civic -- posted image....On the other hand...That is a great car to start on...! And it does not have to be the same brand r/s as alarm...most add-on remote starts just need to see a negative pulse to enable...! You can probably use your current remote...! Defitnely buy a DMM...doesnt have to be the expensive one... but they sure are nice...! A pair of cutter/crimpers and some 3M tape is a start...Are you going to solder or poke and wrap...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Relax Tommy, he just asked, he didn't even start to install! 

Lifetime warranty on labour! Eh! I am from the carribean and don't know if y'all do things differently, but locally, we are one of the more well know electronics stores, and after warranty, all repairs, checks and services are the responsibility of the customer, period! It's harsh, but so is reality!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

Relax Tommy, he just asked, he didn't even start to install! 

Lifetime warranty on labour! Eh! I am from the carribean and don't know if y'all do things differently, but locally, we are one of the more well know electronics stores, and after warranty, all repairs, checks and services are the responsibility of the customer, period! It's harsh, but so is reality!

I just erased my LONG rant about not understanding what the heck your talking about...Anyway... Lifetime labor is STANDARD here...I could go into why...how...it works...Why EVERY other shop offers this...But ill leave it up to you to figure out...!! Although ill give you this juicy one on warranty on products..."well ill have to ship it out for repair...But for $30 ill warranty for you right now" (if its a normal stock item...That mored then covers shipping...And gets you a little more profit......Normally its the product that goes bad...And hopefully not your install...So what do you have to worry about...remote starter in 95 civic -- posted image.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Apparently nobody noticed the car being worked on here is actually a standard. I don't believe a Civic Si comes in an automatic. I'm not even sure if anyone makes an add-on remote starter designed for a manual tranny because of the exit routine required.    You would be better off taking out the existing alarm and installing a combo unit that does both alarm and remote start.
Adding on a remote start to an existing alarm involves bypassing the ignition input to the alarm during remote start, as well as the shock sensor, and possibly other sensors you may have had installed. Do it right and remove the existing alarm and put in a combo unit.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Very good point Jeremy. I've just realised that in another thread about Con 650 with Intellistart when I asked the guy what he had wired, he mentioned the GREEN/ black auto wire being grounded on a similar car.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Apparently nobody noticed the car being worked on here is actually a standard. I don't believe a Civic Si comes in an automatic. I'm not even sure if anyone makes an add-on remote starter designed for a manual tranny because of the exit routine required.    You would be better off taking out the existing alarm and installing a combo unit that does both alarm and remote start.
Adding on a remote start to an existing alarm involves bypassing the ignition input to the alarm during remote start, as well as the shock sensor, and possibly other sensors you may have had installed. Do it right and remove the existing alarm and put in a combo unit.

"Screeching of tires"...Spot on...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic