icon

2007 pontiac g5 domelight supervision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goodb0y 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
let me start off by saying I have found this site a wealth of information... thank you all who give there time to share there wisdom.
I have a compustar alarm that is installed in my car and noticed that the domelight and headlights do not come on when I unlock or disarm my alarm like the factory alarm does.
I've been reading up on it and it seems there is a - wire at the BCM that is labeled domelight supervision... can anyone tell me if this wire is the one that will trigger the factory dome light supervision mode? can I connect my domelight supervision output from my alarm directly to it and if so will it also trigger my headlights to come on for a short time?
And is there a way to tell if a relay is needed... it seems that some alarms only output a low current for this circuit and can be burnt out.... on second thought I probably should relay it anyhow, better safe than sorry...lol.
I have installed a couple of alarms and I do realize that a dvm is needed and I will be sure to check all connections before hand... Any information or comments are appreciated.
Thanxs,
Corey
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  
If you would like to at least hook up your domelight supervision.. I would go with a relay. The headlights and domelight supervision sound like a factory function or relay of its own. You could probably use 2 relays to drive each circuit. For domelight supervision.. your (-gray wire) At BCM On The Front Passenger Side Of The Center Console can tap into #30 on relay...domelight wire from alarm to #86..12volt constant to 85..and 87 to ground.  I would keep it simple and just hook up the domelight wire circuit. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic