icon

port length

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dub805 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hello. Quick question that I hope the savy box builders may know out there. I am an amateur enclosure builder and I am working on my own little project right now. My previous setup (using WinISD) required that my DVC 12 have a 2.44 cu ft box with two 4" diameter by 14 inch long ported tubes. I am currently in the process of trying to figure out an equivalent or what is needed to turn this tube port box into a slot port box because I feel that it sounds cleaner. So my ultimate question is what will be my necessary L,W,H be of my slot ported enclosure in order to keep it to the somewhat equivalent of the tube ported specs above. Thank you ahead of time.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
port area is port area is port area
Custom Enclosure Design
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

actually it would change the tunning of the port if you just combined both of your 4" round ports into one slot port.  even though the overall port volume is the same, the tunning changes based on the number of ports that you have.

what i would do is find out what your round ports are tuned to and figure up a slot port to be tuned the same and build your new box around that.

a slot port 2 x 12 x 25 (W,H,L) should give you around a 30hz tunning frequency in your 2.44^3ft box

whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Use this to help you figure out the dimensions.
Why don't you use WinISD to help you design this enclosure? It has the ability to calculate slot ports.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic